Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

TinGull

20th Anniversary

HA!! Just leading you to where the good life is :)

My life's always been all about food, so that's where I'm naturally drawn. In fact, I may be a cooking tutor at a local high school here soon.

My life's always been all about food, so that's where I'm naturally drawn. In fact, I may be a cooking tutor at a local high school here soon.

Hey no worries there man. I just so happen to love food myself..that's where my problem is. LOL

Hey that's cool about the cooking thing too.

Don't want to hijack the thread or anything.....but I'm right into my cooking at the moment. It's just great to make something up using fresh ingredients rather than processed food or bottled sauces.

So just a quick question, is there a website you use ( or recommend ) for getting recipes off. It would be nice to experiment using recipes from the other side of the pond.

Cheers

Blu-Ray

Hey BluRay,

I usually check allrecipes.com because there's lots of user ratings. Outside of that...I use google. If theres something I want to make that I've never made before, I always use the word "ultimate" in front of whatever it is I wanna make. Like "ultimate scones recipe" or "ultimate brownie recipe".

i'm eating my bastard version of chicken tikka masala right now. :)

I just finally learned to cook this year when I got sick of the indian restaurant near me. I never thought I would be able to, you just have to try something you like and know how it should taste. Its really not hard at all.

I'm going to try to make this Carne Mechada dish next weekend:

that guy has alot of great stuff if you click on all his videos.

Hey BluRay,

I usually check allrecipes.com because there's lots of user ratings. Outside of that...I use google. If theres something I want to make that I've never made before, I always use the word "ultimate" in front of whatever it is I wanna make. Like "ultimate scones recipe" or "ultimate brownie recipe".

Thanks Tin for that, I'll check it out.

Since the threads totally hijacked ;)..........Darth would you mind telling me your recipe for tikka massala. I've got one, but it's not quite right.

Cheers

Blu-Ray

My wife made grill cheese with all this fancy cheese from an specialty import food store...man it was so good. Holy crap was it good. Sounds funny because grill cheese is so basic, but she made a REAL grill cheese with all the fancy stuff...gourmet grill cheese sounds funny. But it was so good.

You are making my mouth wet... and I have to hold a position here, then I go eat man... whatever jejeje but that cheese sounds good... I use to prepare what we call provoleta (cheese)... on the barbecue with wood fire, takes the taste of the wood smoke... just delicious...

Whoah man that sounds awesome! Yeah there is a store here called Four Winds International Grocery, the guy is Lebanese and makes lots of their traditional dishes, but he also makes an insane assortment of various breads, sauces, dips all by himself...I don't know how he does it..Guy has food from all over.

And there are probably 60 different types of cheese he has there too. I may just swing by this week again. LOL

drool drool. LOL

hey Blu-Ray, I'm not even sure about the amounts now for the tikka. I pretty much live off it and just kind of throw stuff in.

To get the real restaurant taste you have to use a good amount of ghee and the thicker indian yogurt.

i just use onions, olive oil, garlic, non fat yogurt, tomato paste, corinader, cumin, red chilli powder, ginger powder and tumeric. Just look some stuff up on youtube, so many good recipes on there. I want to try to make naan but haven't yet, few videos for it on there.

I've got a KILLER recipe for Malai Kofta...it's gonna be a bitch to write up, but totally worth it if you guys like to cook indian. Gimme a little while to type it in and cook away.