Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

walterw

How to import indicators and templates into MT4

As some of us are actually using MT4 for forex trading analisis I had been requested by some new traders on some instructions on how to import indicators and templates into MT4...

The procedure its easy and simple... you must use you Windows explorer... go to the MT4 program folder as you browse you will find a folder called experts... inside there you have a folder called indicators... you must copy the .mt4 file into that folder... metatrader must be restarted to see the indicator on the navigator window under custom indicators...

For templates its the same but on the templates folder ( not the one inside the experts)... there is one template folder on the program folder... copy the template into this folder... then with right click above chart you have a menu with the templates option...

Here is a snap of the folders on the windows explorer :

attachment.php?attachmentid=2767&stc=1&d=1189439382

hope this brief explanation helps... this thread can also be used for other Mt4 issues... cheers Walter.

5aa70dfe55369_MT4imports.png.bef11d5c27c18afb43705a91a3549b0c.png

Had some confusion trying to start up VarMA indicator with Fantail template.

Had not used templates before and when I added VarMA indicator to a chart all I got was the base line and no fantail, the template file wasn't loaded.

Seems to be an intentional option on MT4.

If you want just the base line, add the indicator VarMA.

But if you want to have the fantail, don't add the indicator, instead either select the chart then use the charts tab then template to add Fantail template to the chart or right click on the chart then Template then Fantail.

Makes sense once you get used to it but you can waste some time figuring it out the first time.

Hi PYenner and Walter

I am experiencing this same problem also. If I just try to load the template with no indicator, all I see is the chart background color changes to a light grey and green volume bars are displayed. No Rainbow. Any ideas what might be wrong? Thanks to both of you for your work here.

Mark