Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

AbeSmith

What to trade after regular market hours

Hello. I plan to work a regular job for a while to pay some bills. So I'm wondering what to trade after work. I looked into Nikkei, which opens at 8PMCT. But it is not available on Open E Cry yet. They're in the process of adding it. So I'm looking for something else until Nikkei becomes available. Any suggestions?

Abe,

I asked my OEC contact the same question, and here's what he suggested:

There is good volume on:

LIFFE - Eurodollar, Euribor, FTSE 100

EUREX - DAX, DJ EuroSTOXX 50, EuroBund, EuroBobl, Euribor

We'll be turning on Singapore, Sydney and Hong Kong in the next 30 days that will open up more possibilities. We're thinking about KRX (Korea) which has the KOSPI (the most widely traded contract in the world) but we are waiting on the approval to come through allowing US customers to trade this product before we move on that. Right now, we would only be able to offer that to our foreign customers.

Abe,

There is good volume on:

We'll be turning on Singapore, Sydney and Hong Kong in the next 30 days that will open up more possibilities. We're thinking about KRX (Korea) which has the KOSPI (the most widely traded contract in the world) but we are waiting on the approval to come through allowing US customers to trade this product before we move on that. Right now, we would only be able to offer that to our foreign customers.

Thanks Brownsfan. I will look into those.

Hello. I plan to work a regular job for a while to pay some bills. So I'm wondering what to trade after work. I looked into Nikkei, which opens at 8PMCT. But it is not available on Open E Cry yet. They're in the process of adding it. So I'm looking for something else until Nikkei becomes available. Any suggestions?

Had you considered forex Abe ? cheers Walter.

Had you considered forex Abe ? cheers Walter.

Yes Walter. I had considered forex, but have not researched about it. I looked at the British pound and Aussie Dollar one time at around 9PMET on a weekday and I did not find adequate volume in it. Perhaps I'm not looking in the right place.

Yes Walter. I had considered forex, but have not researched about it. I looked at the British pound and Aussie Dollar one time at around 9PMET on a weekday and I did not find adequate volume in it. Perhaps I'm not looking in the right place.

maybe you want to take a look at this thread... http://www.traderslaboratory.com/forums/f24/walter-s-forex-trend-trades-2364.html I am actually looking AUD/USD and some other traders are already posting charts from USD/JPY... just a suggestion... cheers Walter.

you could also give currency futures a shot, they're similar to forex but better regulated. volume isn't that high but still good enough. i like them as a beginner because mistakes won't wipe you out as quickly as in other instruments. AUD can move quite a bit though.

grain futures have some potential as well during electronic trading hours, liquidity drops off steeply after the 1st or 2nd hour, that's a good time to exit unless you dare to swing trade them. they only brought me grief, so no grains for me. catching a move in ZW would be fab right now.

Abe,

There is good volume on:

Assuming you are USA based those are all pre-market. You need to be looking towards Asia.

Cheers.