Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

AbeSmith

8/22/07 General Trade Log / Idea Sharing

Hello Abe,

You have the eye and input of some of the best traders in this forum. And your journey has become very special to me. Make it happen!

Hello btrader. Thank you for the kind words.

Abe,

One request if I may - can you please turn of the shadowing on your text? It makes it very hard to read. Just uncheck the 'Drop Shadow' box on SnagIt and it should keep that format going forward until you change it again.

attachment.php?attachmentid=2481&stc=1&d=1187796228

tl.png.7846034f44c29612276380e4c29f286d.png

Abe,

One request if I may - can you please turn of the shadowing on your text? It makes it very hard to read. Just uncheck the 'Drop Shadow' box on SnagIt and it should keep that format going forward until you change it again.

No problem.

One idea Abe that just hit me - you *could* take a look at reversing a position when you take a loss. I'm just looking at your previous chart, but had you reversed and gone short on that failed long, you would have had a nice short trade. Again, this would require more testing and such, but just an idea to consider. Sometimes being 'wrong' can turn into being 'right'. ;)

One idea Abe that just hit me - you *could* take a look at reversing a position when you take a loss. I'm just looking at your previous chart, but had you reversed and gone short on that failed long, you would have had a nice short trade. Again, this would require more testing and such, but just an idea to consider. Sometimes being 'wrong' can turn into being 'right'. ;)

I agree Brownsfan. The thought crossed my mind to reverse the position but I was concerned that I might get into over trading and impulsive trading. I'm also used to logging a trade right after it is finished which allows me to record it more accurately.

Unintentional trade: For some reason there was a buy limit order that did not get canceled so it triggered 2 buys at 13230. Quickly sold them at 13231. +1. +1. I guess I should log this also to make it accurate.

Unintentional trade: For some reason there was a buy limit order that did not get canceled so it triggered 2 buys at 13230. Quickly sold them at 13231. +1. +1. I guess I should log this also to make it accurate.

Abe,

When using the OEC software, there are a number of protections on the DOM to avoid this.

You can use either of the cancel buttons (each above the bid and ask) or the cancel all, which I use a lot to be safe. So once I am completely out of a trade, I will hit the Cancel All Button to avoid the situation you just described. I would get in the habit now of hitting that button.

attachment.php?attachmentid=2492&stc=1&d=1187805684

On the DOM as well at the bottom are any resting orders as well:

attachment.php?attachmentid=2494&stc=1&d=1187805749

Also, you should be using the main screen on OEC - the part that is separate from the DOM and you can have an Open Orders window up. If you see something there, you can also hit cancel all there as well!

attachment.php?attachmentid=2493&stc=1&d=1187805684

tl.png.966c7c3336021d1696e4d3134980a4be.png

tl2.png.b7c3327db4646d72a52f1690b7660a49.png

tl3.png.db6b3ca42409f7d3f191941e6a11af70.png