Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

brownsfan019

Crude Oil (CL) on Globex

Bear, I agree with you. It didn't pull back that much on the production increase, and when straight up into the close. CL could cycle around the current level or a little bit higher for a while, but i am just guessing.

Bear, I agree with you. It didn't pull back that much on the production increase, and when straight up into the close. CL could cycle around the current level or a little bit higher for a while, but i am just guessing.

I don't doubt that we will get a pull back eventually, since it likes to rest after awhile....but i'm guessing too. Nobody 'knows' what oil will do.

If these attempts to depress oil prices fail over the next month, that in itself is very bullish in my opinion.

Sparrow, just a comment - I wouldn't dump QM. QM is very useful and it tracks CL almost perfectly...even in fast markets. The spread is at times 1 tick wider than CL, but it usually doesn't last long...only a few seconds. Giver tommorow - she'll reward you. Good trading tommorow dudes - it should be a hot day in the oil ring...turning in for some sleep now gotta wake up early 9:00am:crap:

I'm also taking the following months contracts into account, which are bearish and we'll be rolling over soon.

But it's not much of a factor if you have a short term foucs and might not even mean a think in the medium term.

Being wrong a lot of times is the countertrend trader's fate :).

Good luck

Be carefull with CL shorts, we have to see stronger dollar first. But I would be short for downtick in the nearest three trading days (before FOMC). I'm trading on the Russian market mostly (which is a "big oil future"), so here we know something about this subject ;)