Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

AbeSmith

Hello From Texas

Hi everyone. How are you doing today? I am good.

Let me introduce myselfe. My name isn Abe Smith. That's not my real name. I am a professional trader. I live for trading. That's all I know. Good day.

Hi everyone. How are you doing today? I am good.

Let me introduce myselfe. My name isn Abe Smith. That's not my real name. I am a professional trader. I live for trading. That's all I know. Good day.

Welcome,

Glad to have yet another person that lives to trade on the boards, A fellow Texan at that!

:cool:

Welcome,

Glad to have yet another person that lives to trade on the boards, A fellow Texan at that!

:cool:

Hey MrPaul. How is it going? Where in Texas do you live? Tell me...

DFW, Closer to the Airport

That's so great. I'm so glad that there is a fellow Texas, and Dallasite on board. Maybe we can start a Dallas Daytrading Chapter. Just a thought.

Anyways, tell me about yourself...if you dont mind ofcourse.

I will tell you and everyone here more about myself:

I am very new to trading. I was joking about the professional trader bit, but you probably know that already. Anyways, I am 31 years old. Graduated from law school 2 years ago. Oh how much I hate law. I tried studying for the bar and really disliked it. So I decided to forget about it and do something that is more pleasant and fits my personality. So on 7/7/07 I bought a lottery ticket, but it was not a high probability setup...lol.

For the past month or so, but more so for the past couple of weeks I have been researching about trading. I think if I can master it it would be so good for me because I can maybe then move away from Texas to somewhere cooler...Colorado maybe.

Anyhow, nice to meet you, and thank you again for all the nice advice. I do appreciate it. Thanks again.

Welcome.

I will trade you spots, you can come live in Colorado and I will go live in Texas. I've been here for too long, and I love Texas.

What specifically are you trading?

Welcome.

I will trade you spots, you can come live in Colorado and I will go live in Texas. I've been here for too long, and I love Texas.

What specifically are you trading?

Hey James. Nice to see you again. As you might know, I'm not really a trader. I want to be. LOL. I have only traded stocks until now, and have done horrible. As you might know I lost lots of money in NMX when I could have just accepted the loss. But I was a newbie and so I held on to the stock a few days until I accepted the loss.

Then I traded the Blackstone IPO, and made a cool $400, probably 2-4%, but also because I was so inexperienced I lost it all by failing to take a profit when it was showing signs of slowdown. Got too greedy, and also put the wrong command into Traderworkstation. But this is all probably very boring to you. But to answer your question, yes, I've been trading some stocks, but now the nice people here have turned me on to YM. I would trade YM tomorrow but my internet connection is very unreliable right now with Road Runner, so I must wait until Friday for Verizon Fios 5mbps installation.

Answer me this James, why do you love Texas? There are nice places in Texas, like Austin. Even Dallas is nice. But the weather is so humid. And there is not much beautiful natural scenery, unless you are in Austin or some other places I don't know about.

As for Colorado, I don't know much about it. I know it has mountains, cool weather, lots of trees. But home prices must be more expensive there. Also, I wonder if it is in the kill zone of Yosemite or was it something in the Midwest. They say it might blow up one day. I'm not sure about that.

Abe - welcome to the board.

My suggestion after reading this thread - being in the very infant stages of your trading career, tread carefully and slowly in futures. Many traders would suggest doing well in stocks/options before considering daytrading futures. Having done both myself, I can tell you futures require quick decision making and the ability to accept a loss quickly. Letting a loss run in futures can take all/some of your account in a very, very short period of time. If you think a bad stock trade hurts, be prepared for a very wild ride in futures. Do yourself a favor and educate yourself and trade on a simulator before putting any real money at risk.

Answer me this James, why do you love Texas? There are nice places in Texas, like Austin. Even Dallas is nice. But the weather is so humid. And there is not much beautiful natural scenery, unless you are in Austin or some other places I don't know about.

As for Colorado, I don't know much about it. I know it has mountains, cool weather, lots of trees. But home prices must be more expensive there. Also, I wonder if it is in the kill zone of Yosemite or was it something in the Midwest. They say it might blow up one day. I'm not sure about that.

I used to live in Texas every summer since basically 3rd grade up until I was a sophomore and my sister was shipped off to Iraq. I used to stay in Killeen/ Temple and would frequently travel to Austin. The weather didn't bother me, I just enjoyed it because it was a nice change from Colorado.

Colorado doesn't really have cool weather in the summer. It's usually in the high 80s to low 100s and it's very dry. The mountains are nice, but after living here for 19 years they seem to be like everything else.

And to Brownsfan, what simulators do you recommend for trading futures?

Abe - welcome to the board.

My suggestion after reading this thread - being in the very infant stages of your trading career, tread carefully and slowly in futures. Many traders would suggest doing well in stocks/options before considering daytrading futures. Having done both myself, I can tell you futures require quick decision making and the ability to accept a loss quickly. Letting a loss run in futures can take all/some of your account in a very, very short period of time. If you think a bad stock trade hurts, be prepared for a very wild ride in futures. Do yourself a favor and educate yourself and trade on a simulator before putting any real money at risk.

Hey Brownsfan. Thank you so much for the advice. And thanks again for the advice earlier. It is much appreaciated. It's good to know that there are good people here who are so kind and helpful.

I used to live in Texas every summer since basically 3rd grade up until I was a sophomore and my sister was shipped off to Iraq. I used to stay in Killeen/ Temple and would frequently travel to Austin. The weather didn't bother me, I just enjoyed it because it was a nice change from Colorado.

Colorado doesn't really have cool weather in the summer. It's usually in the high 80s to low 100s and it's very dry. The mountains are nice, but after living here for 19 years they seem to be like everything else.

Well, I'm disappointed to hear that Colorado doesn't have cool weather in the Summer. Maybe higher up in the mountains it's cooler. Dry is good though, compared to humid. When it's humid the hot feels much hotter than usual.

But you know, what makes a place good is also the weather. No, I mean the people. LOL.

James - good question. The best simulator I have found is T4. Very realistic.

I need to preface this by saying I am considering moving my biz to OpenECry however. OEC is being very competitive with rates and it's hard to ignore that. OEC's sim is not nearly as realistic as it should be however, which is disappointing. Simulator trading is not a major selling point for me at this point, so the move to OEC may make good biz sense.

I'd like to live in Colorado for awhile so I wouldn't have to pay so much for our ski trips. Season passes!!!

Ending up in the Dallas area for some time is more likely. I hate the heat but I have to stay close for my family.

I'd like to live in Colorado for awhile so I wouldn't have to pay so much for our ski trips. Season passes!!!

Ending up in the Dallas area for some time is more likely. I hate the heat but I have to stay close for my family.

Yeah rock. That is exactly the situation I find myself. I have family here, and that is a lot of support that I would not have living in some other state. Free food, help in case of emergency, and a free roof over my head, which is exceptionally great because I don't have to work a full time job and learn how to trade at the same time. That could be so difficult. Once school season starts I will be substitute teaching from time to time to take care of some expenses, but for now I am covered. My goal is to learn how to trade, but I'm not under any severe pressure or fatigue, and that is exactly the situation that I need to succeed.

But enough about me. Tell me more about you.