Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

thetradingdoctor

The Trader As Hero

Another good one Janice ¡¡ this one did put me on tears... I believe you are a sheroe ¡¡

This emotional and spiritual aspect of a trader its so true as the most cold rational technique... we are humans ¡¡

"they knew that somewhere inside of them was the person they wanted to be" glourios quote Janice¡¡ thanks so much Walter.

Thank you very much Janice. Great article and I agree with you 100%. Professional traders love the game more than anything in the world. The markets to me is a Goddess. Sometimes she treats me nice... other times she gives me a headache. But in the end, I love her so much that each day when I face the markets I tell myself... "Man, I love this job so much and feel so fortunate to have found trading." It is so important to feel good about yourself as you approach the market. Love the game and it will love you back. :)

Thank you Dr Janice

The financialsense page has a link at the bottom to 15 archived articles.

<<If I can do it, you can do it.>>

I tend to think that way too, yet invariably people seem to run in the opposite direction from a challenge. Something very "rat brained" seems to instinctively shut out opportunity, keep us with what we know or want to believe in, the comfort of the known.

Enjoyed the talkback radio clips on your website, remarkable performance Dr J, you are certainly one who rises to a challenge.

Thank you all so much for your encouraging comments. I appreciate the feedback very much! Please keep learning and studying. For those on my free mailing list, I just sent out "Finding Your Trading Edge" which gives an introduction to the behavioral ( cognitive) biases which underly the concepts of support and resistance.

Thanks Again for your great comments and support. I am grateful!

Doctor Janice

Thank you all for these great comments. I did a video earlier this year about the Market Mistress and Getting Your Trading Brain Out Of The Cave. I think there is a short ( poor quality!) video clip on my site ( PLEASE ignore the promo material as I am not trying to sell anything to you). Let's see if I can find the link.

Here is it: Video #2 is a clip about The Market Mistress:

http://www.thetradingdoctor.com/video/jan07/

Thanks!

Doctor Janice

Very inspiring article, Janice. I appreciate your perspective. I have long suspected that a certain childlike purity of spirit is at the heart of every successful trader. A trader cannot be treacherous, because we tend to fear being victimized by the very evils we ourselves are guilty of. No one worries more about being robbed than a thief. No one worries more about being proved a phoney more than a fake. Guile leads to guilt and guilt leads to fear.

The fearful worry more than any about being scared. Why are they scared? Because at some level they believe what they are doing is wrong. This is why it is so true that a trader must believe he is meant to trade. You can't "try" trading. You have to do it. As Yoda said, "Do. Or do not. There is no try."

In short, you have to become like a little child to enter the kingdom. That may sound like too much, but I think there is something to it.

Thank you, GCB. That is very powerful. I believe that true traders and "called" to trading. It is a deep and powerful passion. Trading is really a enigma wrapped in mystery, wrapped in a puzzle, wrapped in an open adaptive and constantly-changing system. Traders are conflicted at a deep level because they want to make money, yet they realize that in order to do so, they must take money from others. I heard a very wise and very old ( 85 yoa) the other day who said that traders must be childlike, humble, grateful and have killer instincts.

Now, that is asking a lot, I think! It requires one to be a chameleon, to deal in an environment of deception and yet be willing to believe and trust, to humble oneself at the feet of the market mistress, to be grateful for the gifts received from the mistress and to be ready to strike with the ferociousness of a wild animal.

What a combination!!

Thanks!

Doctor Janice

I am treading on the fine line between blind faith and perseverance while I am trading now. On one hand, I think trading is just an impossible way of living, especially after few days of consecutive losses and on the other hand, I believe trading is a call on me.

I have been trading professionally for the last 3 years without any other source of income. I must say I have not been very successful in my trading even until now and recently have always been thinking for giving up trading professionally altogether and try something else.

But my self-believe that I can make it in trading someday and somehow perseveres me to continue trading even though I have been digging into my saving to feed my family because my trading incomes have not been reliable.

I have read yr article and it has encouraged me to stay on as professional trader because at the end of all things under the sun, I just wanted to be a trader and a successful one by my definition. I just wanted to know myself that I can be a hero inside myself. Does that make sense? I am not so good at English.

I just wanted to be a trader and a successful one by my definition. I just wanted to know myself that I can be a hero inside myself. Does that make sense?

It makes a lot of sense to me Hechua.

You are not alone here, this is a good place to be.