Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

Roland84

Minimum Investment & Christmas

Hi All,

I am thinking of starting to trade properly in the New Year, and wondered what sort of investment ranges are reasonable for a starter. Is a minimum likely to be in the tens, hundreds or is a thousand a minimum?

As an additional question, although I hope to start properly in the New Year, I was wondering if it would be possible to buy a very small amount of shares (£5 or so) as a Christmas present for someone else. Would this ens up costing so much in fees that it would not be worth doing? Could I buy some shares for myself, and transfer £5 worth to someone else?

Many thanks for any information,

Roland

Hi All,

I am thinking of starting to trade properly in the New Year, and wondered what sort of investment ranges are reasonable for a starter. Is a minimum likely to be in the tens, hundreds or is a thousand a minimum?

As an additional question, although I hope to start properly in the New Year, I was wondering if it would be possible to buy a very small amount of shares (£5 or so) as a Christmas present for someone else. Would this ens up costing so much in fees that it would not be worth doing? Could I buy some shares for myself, and transfer £5 worth to someone else?

Many thanks for any information,

Roland

It may be that you are not ready to open an account. With the questions that you are asking it seems prudent that you may want to spend a little more time learning what's required.

As far as the Christmas gift goes... take them to lunch, or pick up a gift card. Most everyone is pleased to be taken to lunch, and gift cards are always welcome.

The minimum investment you need to get started all depends on your broker’s requirements and to encourage more traders to venture into real trading, brokers like Profiforex allows them start a micro account as low as $1.