Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

walterw

Maybe you have the Holly Grail...

Have you ever thought that maybe you already have the "Holly Grail " ?

Yes ¡¡¡ maybe you have it ¡¡ only that you dont apreciate it...

Trading starts with an argument... you have an argument you studied a lot and you test it and even you get to trade it...

Now like any argument it sometimes will work and sometimes not.... when it works you are so happy to have this argument on your trading plan, when it doesnt... mmmmm the exodus starts... you say: maybe I need a new argument.... and you study, you test it and even you get to trade it... until It fails.... oh NO¡¡¡¡ and you start to look for another argument an so on the cycle keeps going on.... you are looking for the Holly Grail.... that it doesnt have any stop or very few, maybe that famous 70% performance....

You see all arguments will have a percentage of failure... so the failure now its not the argument it self but the failure may be yourself in keep seeking for that perfect argument...

The Holly Grail I would describe it as an argument I trade over and over and over again, feeling confortable with it, its adjusted to my personality, it has good and bad trades but from a RRR it keeps performing positive on the long run.... thats the Holly Grail.... maybe you have it and dont apreciate it..

If you still dont have it, well here on this site you will find lots of very decent setups and strategies that will perform so well ( without to pay any penny to anybody who says they got the holly grail) if you have the correct actitude and understand that the eternal research for the Holly Grail is the worst failure a trader can ever make...

Looking and looking and looking for that HG is a deteriorating process, it will make you feel miserable, so many hours, so many times you dont spend with your family, lost great moments of life on this greede and futil research...

A very stupid and idiotic setup its enough to make you wealthy my friend, BUT the devil works its ways to make you look for the HG and never trade so good and so simple efective setups...

Will you be an eternal student ? or will you be a trader after all ?

As I mentioned on a previos thread , the only thing you need to succeed is :

_ ONE good setup ( that you feel confortable, and has good RRR )

_ Discipline ( stick to your setup, dont be a fool )

_ Trade, make money ( when your account grows every week with real money, the more disciplined you get, the more serious you get about your set up )

_ Enjoy Trading ( trading has to be a pleasant experience, enjoy it, have some soft beat back music while you trade, think how priviledged you are to have this profession, make so good money on the confort of your studio )

_ Reward yourself ( Buy a new car, take a trip, buy a new home cinema, maybe help others and do charity, say to your self, this was financed with my Holly Grail ¡¡¡)

And for last remember that collaboration (at TL) also makes you feel good as you give and receive...

cheers Walter.