Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

fxminor

FX Trader Bonus Scheme?

Hi,

For 3 years I am seriously involved in fx trading for my account.

I week ago I got interesting offer to trade with larger capital for one small company.

I consider it a got career oporunity (or chance to prove myself in business enviroment) but I don't know what should I ask for myself (financially).

What is standard salary/bonus scheme for trader without previous business career in the finance industry?

Any advice from more experienced traders is welcome or any resource, link, forum attached to this matter.

Thanks

where are you, where are they based?

What are they offering? They should be making the offer, not you.

Are you having to provide capital? Who wears the losses?

Are you in a profit sharing environment? Or as an employee?

Who pays for the equipment, data, seat etc.

Are you part of a team/pool of traders, or running your own account?

Do you cover costs before profit splits? What are the costs?

Depending on these and other questions, then percentage rates and salary will vary.

I have seen many varying models of this.....

eg; trader gets a salary of $100,000. At years end they have to pay back the salary and allocated costs of approximately $50,000 (Data, IT, seat) and after that they get 30% of the profits. For this they may get access to $1mil in equity capital.

where are you, where are they based?

What are they offering? They should be making the offer, not you.

Are you having to provide capital? Who wears the losses?

Are you in a profit sharing environment? Or as an employee?

Who pays for the equipment, data, seat etc.

Are you part of a team/pool of traders, or running your own account?

Do you cover costs before profit splits? What are the costs?

Depending on these and other questions, then percentage rates and salary will vary.

I have seen many varying models of this.....

eg; trader gets a salary of $100,000. At years end they have to pay back the salary and allocated costs of approximately $50,000 (Data, IT, seat) and after that they get 30% of the profits. For this they may get access to $1mil in equity capital.

They offering basic small avarage salary (just for paying bills and survive on mothly basis, including just basic health insurance ...)

They offer me 10% profits before taxes.

I don't provide any capital, they bear the losses.

I would be employee. They pay all the data and equipment.

Have my own account.

The almost only cost is my salary (and possible losses...). I don't cover costs before profit split.