Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

brownsfan019

Market Board Games

There was a thread at ET talking about board games that pertain to the markets and thought I'd post here to see if anyone has any other ideas. The ones offered I think are your standard monopoly type boring games IMO.

My personal favorite is PIT DELUXE. What a fun game. If you are looking for a way to kinda show people what you do or need a different gift, check that game out. What I like is what you can literally know nothing about trading and get into the game. Afterwards you can say - that's kinda what I do every day. Note to the analytics - this is not a perfect representation of trading by any stretch, but it can at least make it fun trying to explain.

I know during the holidays having a good game to go to is nice, so share your favorites if you know of any others that can deal w/ the markets.

An oldie but goodie is Monopoly as well. Which is now electronic. I feel old now. ;)

I did a general Stock Market Games search on Amazon and there's actually more than I expected.

Pit looks interesting. If my daughter was old enough to play I would buy it.

Electronic monopoly doesn't do justice. How can you work your negotiation magic? I won a game of Monopoly recently by knocking off a few players..hehe

I used to be quite into games. A lot go out of print relatively quickly.Many games will have a trading phase or a trading mechanic within them. Not surprising really, I have something (and that could be anything in the context of the game from apples to ziggurats) that you want... how much will you pay?

One that springs to mind is a board game called Civilisation that had a resource (card) trading phase very similar to pit. It was a small part of a complex game... Considered a classic. I vaguely recall a game called 'shocks and scares' a pun on stocks and shares that was firmly routed in trading. That will almost certainly be out of print.

Despite racking my brain having difficulty remembering games with some sort of trading as the whole premise. Mind you many card games involve trading cards in some shape or form but that is often simply swapping rather than trading.

Oh last thought....a handful of games had a betting mechanic, kind of related.