Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

ValueTrader

Audible Trading Indicator

I'm attempting to create an indicator that 'Dings' when price is at bid & 'Dongs' When price is at ask. However my creation is currently silent.

If Close = InsideBid then 
Playsound("C:\Users\Documents\Sounds\81085__milton__quito-mariscal-sucre");

If  Close = InsideAsk then
Playsound("C:\Users\Documents\Sounds\91926__corsica-s__ding");

plot1(close,"dummy");

Can anyone see where I've gone wrong, and the reason why it doesn't seem to be working?

Many thanks

VT

You can only play .wav files. Until you get this debugged copy chime.wav to your c directory and use the format below.

if c>c[1] then condition1=true else condition1=false;

condition1=playsound("c:\chime.wav");

No you do not need to include the .wav extension when specifying the file location.

When I tried your code it would not verify because the compiler doesn't allow the word playsound in the location you have it. The code I wrote in my earlier can be used as a model. Just substitute your requirements for condition1.

if c=insidebid then condition1=true else condition1=false;

condition1=playsound("your file location");

After that's working you can repeat the process insideask using condition2 but I recomend you do not try to include it until you have the first half working.

I tested this and it works. Thanks for the idea.

if lastbaronchart then begin
   if c=insideask then condition1=playsound("c:\Program Files (x86)\TradeStation 9.1\Program\corkpop.wav") else
   if c=insidebid then condition1=playsound("c:\Program Files (x86)\TradeStation 9.1\Program\bonk.wav");  
end;