Welcome to the Traders Laboratory.

The Candlestick Corner All about candlesticks. Moderated by brownsfan019.

Like Tree3Likes
Old 10-29-2008, 05:07 PM   #81

Ignore this user

Re: 20 EMA and Patterns

Nice rejection at the 20ema on the daily today. Looks like the SPY will retest the 84-85 (es 840-850) level.

Attached Thumbnails
20 EMA and Patterns-spydaily-oct29.jpg  
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to james_gsx For This Useful Post:
brownsfan019 (10-29-2008), Fedeo (10-30-2008)
Old 11-04-2008, 02:27 PM   #82

Ignore this user

Today I had another very good example as, especially in trending days, candlestick combined EMA20 and other stuffs can be very profitable...in many different markets.
Below the Eurostoxx 50, as you can see for all the morning the 20EMA (in the charts you can see it with the 2std Bollinger Bands) has been a perfect support. The first 2 trades are, from my point of view, a very nice combination of many useful stuffs I found here in TL and around.
The retracements find in fact a support both on the 20EMA and on the last high swing (something similar to what Walter here on TL call the "Flip Trade")..there is so a confluence of supports in that area. From a candlestick point of view approacching those supports the bodies of the candles (and also the ranges) start to be very smaller and, as also mentioned here in the candlestick corner (sorry I tried to find out the thread - from James_GSX as far as I can remember- but I was not successful)that can be a powerful signal the trend is going to resume. I normally consider these candles as a small congestion and play the game at the breakout of the high with a stop placed 2 tick below the bottom of the range.

[media]http://www.traderslaboratory.com/forums/attachment.php?attachment id=8528&stc=1&d=122582670 4[/media]

I have also added a third red row. This was a great trade I didnt manage to be successfull with as I moved my stop to break-even too early . In these case the support was done by the previous S/R and met at that point the lower Bolling Band with a series of "hammers". I have personally started to use Bollinger Bands from few months as I have seen that in Europe they are quite used and provide quite good reference point both on trend conditions and range conditions. I am now combining them with candlestick...maybe soon, when I will feel a bit more confortable about the topic, I can start a thread on this.

Thanks to All..

Fedeo
Attached Thumbnails
20 EMA and Patterns-5min_estx50.jpg  
Old 11-04-2008, 02:35 PM   #83

Ignore this user

tried to post this but it looks like it didn't work..I try again....

Today I had another very good example as, especially in trending days, candlestick combined EMA20 and other stuffs can be very profitable...in many different markets.
Below the Eurostoxx 50, as you can see for all the morning the 20EMA (in the charts you can see it with the 2std Bollinger Bands) has been a perfect support. The first 2 trades are, from my point of view, a very nice combination of many useful stuffs I found here in TL and around.
The retracements find in fact a support both on the 20EMA and on the last high swing (something similar to what Walter here on TL call the "Flip Trade")..there is so a confluence of supports in that area. From a candlestick point of view approacching those supports the bodies of the candles (and also the ranges) start to be very smaller and, as also mentioned here in the candlestick corner (sorry I tried to find out the thread - from James_GSX as far as I can remember- but I was not successful)that can be a powerful signal the trend is going to resume. I normally consider these candles as a small congestion and play the game at the breakout of the high with a stop placed 2 tick below the bottom of the range.

I have also added a third red row. This was a great trade I didnt manage to be successfull with as I moved my stop to break-even too early . In these case the support was done by the previous S/R and met at that point the lower Bolling Band with a series of "hammers". I have personally started to use Bollinger Bands from few months as I have seen that in Europe they are quite used and provide quite good reference point both on trend conditions and range conditions. I am now combining them with candlestick...maybe soon, when I will feel a bit more confortable about the topic, I can start a thread on this.

Thanks to All..

Fedeo
Attached Thumbnails
20 EMA and Patterns-5min_estx50.jpg  
The Following User Says Thank You to Fedeo For This Useful Post:
james_gsx (11-04-2008)
Old 11-04-2008, 02:49 PM   #84

Ignore this user

Fedo, good trades. You got 2 out of 3, and those 2 winners look pretty good IMO. In that little clusterf**k area I probably would have screwed up and tried entering twice before you did. You could have set your stop a little further below that support line, 2 ticks is asking to get stopped out though - at least on the ES. But you would have needed to be patient if you wanted to catch that big trend. You didn't know that trend was coming, so it would have been a difficult trade for me to hold onto.
Old 11-04-2008, 03:09 PM   #85

Ignore this user

Hi James,
thanks. Well regarding the third trade in "normal condition" i would have probably also tried to enter the hammer at 15:00, basically I didnt cos 15:00 is 9:00 NY time and I have decided to avoid to enter all the markets between 14:15 - 15:15 (8:15-9:15 NY) as volatility increase too much for me and market can go crazy (especially in these last months). I know that lots of "great" trader manage to do their days mainly in the 1 hour of trading but unfortunately I am too far from them......maybe one day....let's say in this case it saved me.....
Regarding the stop let's say that's the case where you follow exactly your plan...you are proud you did.....but inside your stomach everything is moving ....

Ciao

Fedeo

Last edited by Fedeo; 11-04-2008 at 03:16 PM. Reason: typo
Old 11-11-2008, 09:48 AM   #86

Ignore this user

Thanked 1,799 Times in 897 Posts

ES daily tested the 20 EMA yesterday. We'll see if any bearish follow through today.
Old 11-20-2008, 11:24 AM   #87

Ignore this user

Love this thread, keep it going guys.
Old 11-21-2008, 02:51 AM   #88

Ignore this user

Quote:
Originally Posted by BennyHey »
Love this thread, keep it going guys.
Why don't you help to keep it going by posting some charts?

Tags
moving average, pattern

Display Modes Help Others By Rating This Thread
Help Others By Rating This Thread: