Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

Looks like a good time to go against the trend for a nice short :)

I think Gold will start to show price action similar to oil before it broke $100. I wouldn't be surprised to see price bounce around a somewhat wide range then rally straight through $1,000. As of right now, the weekly chart looks bearish to me and that is confirmed by the daily.

The weekly shows a doji after a strong rally, which is typically a stronger sign compared to a doji after a sell-off.

attachment.php?attachmentid=5445&stc=1&d=1204961533

The daily looks like it ran out of buyers near $1,000. There seems to be somewhat of a graveyard doji, but that's not the reason I would enter. I would enter due to the lack of buying and if price crosses below the 8 EMA.

attachment.php?attachmentid=5444&stc=1&d=1204961533

Thoughts?

5aa70e446a93d_gcdailymar7.thumb.jpg.337f9c5f758a88f7ad5ffb6e1b1fc5ed.jpg

5aa70e446f21e_gcweeklymar7.thumb.jpg.1dace3425123e6c7481bddfed3058513.jpg

haha really? I watched his videos for a while last year and that's what got me into gold. I stopped about two months ago since I didn't want to pay for his videos anymore. Thanks for the link.

Yeah! Gold got hammered today, finally. So did oil, and I had a few calls on that but oh well. If you look at my video I did last night I was actually talking about gold. It pulled back close to exactly where I wanted it to initially. I will take a look at it tonight when I get home and see what I can come up with. What is everyone elses thoughts?

Well if its an inverse of the dollar, Id have to say gold will go higher. All these rate cuts are going to increase inflation and further weaken the dollar. Besides, our economy has a weak dollar policy for at least as long as Bush is in office.

I think this sell off is investors cashing in on profits in the commodity sector, combined with people who want to believe Bear Stearns marks the turn around in the market and the dollar.

Bear Stearns is partially the reason for this recent turn. Word is they had a lot of money in commodities and these trades have to be unwound by JPMorgan to square things.

That is causing others to take profit, and/or more selling, by many hedge funds which were leveraged big time. Which is driving money in to bonds, the usual flight to safety reasons, with equities not knowing which way they want to go.

So I would watch gold closely. Might be a fake out in a new up move before the real new up move actually begins.

Well theres a few things we can take away from this. It doesn't really matter who is selling or who is buying or why, but we saw in advance that there was a higher probability for SOMEONE to sell...

attachment.php?attachmentid=5557&stc=1&d=1205991771

gc1.jpg.b70cc8ae7b938ba206fb15991607637b.jpg