Welcome to the Traders Laboratory.

Ultimate Trade Analyzer Discussion for Ultimate Trade Analyzer owners to share results, questions and other feedback.

Old 08-02-2010, 12:21 AM   #9

Ignore this user

Re: UTA Questions

Just thought I'd stop in and see who was posting what and to answer any questions that someone might have and noticed that my partner Barry has been taking care of it. Thank you Barry! I apologize for being out of the loop a little bit these past several weeks but I've been traveling and working hard on a new trade system. Soon I will be posting some new results from my own backtesting. I was hoping more UTA users would be interchanging ideas by now on this forum but I guess some things just take time to build. I know that many are finding success with their newly found information as they continue to plot their trades into the UTA. I know of one trader who has taken an already proven system and has been manually backtesting a series of data with a filtering idea he has, and so far, his results seem to be bearing out his theory and he has been able to significantly improve his results.

The important thing is the use UTA for what it is good or, and not try to make it something that it is not. It is a powerful tool but a tool is only as good as the person using it. Give me a hydraulic hammer and I'd probably shoot myself in the thumb whereas a talented builder would do something a bit more productive with it. The UTA can help you stretch your creativity and imagination as a trader. What you can learn by testing new ideas with UTA can only help you become better as a trader. That is its intention. A broader vision and insight into your trade data can only be a good thing. Most people don't bother of course, but then again, most people fail as traders.

LT, thank you for the suggestion. Barry and I have discussed this idea and it might actually find its way into a future version. I'm happy though that you are in contact with Barry directly on this.
Old 12-10-2010, 04:59 PM   #10

Ignore this user

Is there any updates to UTA? I have excel 2007.

Thank you.
Old 12-16-2010, 11:53 AM   #11

Ignore this user

TJ,

How do you change the analysis time intervals in UTA? I tried changing them in the data entry tah, but they don't seem to carry forward to the other tabs (e.g., Time Of Day tab). I want to look at half hour windows rather than the default ones.

Thanks!
Old 01-18-2011, 10:57 PM   #12

Ignore this user

Karl,

Sorry for the delay in answering this post. Did you figure out the answer to your question? You make the changes in the yellow colored fields in the TimeofDay Summary section. You have to click on the 'expand view' button to 'unhide' that part of the UTA.
Old 01-19-2011, 05:08 PM   #13

Ignore this user

TJ,

Dang, I was hoping you would ignore this!

Yeah, I figured it out. It helps if you put in time frames that reflect the actual trade data (exchange time) and not local time (Mountain time). I couldn't figure out why, when I changed the first time frame to 650 to 700, I "lost" all the data that I thought should be there. Well, DUH!

All my data starts at 850 echange time, not 650!

All is well, dude!
Old 01-19-2011, 06:58 PM   #14

Ignore this user

Lol.. Yeah, gee.. That never even occurred to me. I've said it so many times in the live trade room that I just take for granted that everyone is on exchange time . There's so many people trading with us, all over the world, and many different markets, brokers and exchanges all in different time zones that in order to avoid confusion en masse, we just decided to set all our charts to their respective exchange times. Glad you figured it out.

Display Modes Help Others By Rating This Thread
Help Others By Rating This Thread: