Welcome to the Traders Laboratory.

Trading Products and Services Section for discussing trading-related products and services.

Old 08-16-2009, 09:53 PM   #1

Ignore this user

Trend Dynamics Material

Anyone have experience with this course? All 18 modules? Have a chance to buy the whole thing significantly less than 3K. Is it worth a look? Thanks for any reply---Mark
Old 08-26-2009, 01:40 AM   #2

Ignore this user

Re: Trend Dynamics Material

This is material is pretty much for longer term trader, not for day trading.(IMHO) But the material is very educational and gives realistic view on many different topics. Such as, system trading, why turtle way is not for regular person, various stage of a trader developments, quantify many different styles of trading,(break out trading, pull back trading, ect)

So, this material is good depends one what kind of trader you want to be and what you want to get out of it.
Old 08-26-2009, 01:58 AM   #3

Ignore this user

Thanked 1,464 Times in 507 Posts

I own the material, first loaned to me by a hedge fund trader. I have found the course to be extremely insightful and would highly recommend it to anyone. It may look a bit pricey but I would prefer to purchase Trend Dynamics instead of reading through 30-50 trading books.
Old 08-26-2009, 04:11 AM   #4

Ignore this user

Thanked 1,081 Times in 708 Posts

I think the core concepts are pretty good. However he uses a series of terms that despite being well defined I did not find that intuitive. It is also a somewhat 'difficult' look at price behaviour. If you want a better understanding of price behaviour it is likely to provide it. If you want a simple method of extracting a couple of points a day in your favourite market there might be better sources. With those caveats I would say go for it.
Old 08-25-2013, 05:10 PM   #5

Ignore this user

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlowFish »
I think the core concepts are pretty good. However he uses a series of terms that despite being well defined I did not find that intuitive. It is also a somewhat 'difficult' look at price behaviour. If you want a better understanding of price behaviour it is likely to provide it. If you want a simple method of extracting a couple of points a day in your favourite market there might be better sources. With those caveats I would say go for it.
Blowfish: I have been considering purchasing the Trend Dynamics course. The reason I became aware of it is because its concepts are mentioned in a book called "The Nature of Trends" written by Ray Barros.

I reading his book, Mr. Barros apparently uses the Trend Dynamics concepts extensively, that I find interesting and make sense according to the Wyckoff techniques I have been studying and applying for several years.

My questions are these:
(1) Would you recommend the course to someone that is interested in amplifying his understanding of price action, without conflicting with the Wyckoff methodology that I currently use?

(2) And, in your opinion are the concepts as taught in the course, tried and proven? and do they reflect a realistic model describing how price action truly works and unfolds, or is it just another methodology that will lead a trader down the wrong path?

I would greatly appreciate your sincere answer and advice.
Old 08-25-2013, 09:35 PM   #6

Ignore this user

Quote:
Originally Posted by FVelarde »
Blowfish: I have been considering purchasing the Trend Dynamics course. The reason I became aware of it is because its concepts are mentioned in a book called "The Nature of Trends" written by Ray Barros.

I reading his book, Mr. Barros apparently uses the Trend Dynamics concepts extensively, that I find interesting and make sense according to the Wyckoff techniques I have been studying and applying for several years.

My questions are these:
(1) Would you recommend the course to someone that is interested in amplifying his understanding of price action, without conflicting with the Wyckoff methodology that I currently use?

(2) And, in your opinion are the concepts as taught in the course, tried and proven? and do they reflect a realistic model describing how price action truly works and unfolds, or is it just another methodology that will lead a trader down the wrong path?

I would greatly appreciate your sincere answer and advice.
Hello,

You should remember that you're attempting to revive a 4 year old thread here, and that most of the participants will have moved on . . . So too might the markets. Or not. Depends upon the durability (not the temporary reliability) of the concepts.

Kind regards,

BlueHorseshoe
Old 08-26-2013, 10:16 AM   #7

Ignore this user

I would like to thank you for your input.

Display Modes Help Others By Rating This Thread
Help Others By Rating This Thread: