Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

Geogaddi

What Next?

Hey guys,

Just to give a bit of back ground, I've been trading for a few years, picked it up as I was finishing my Bsc. Began investing in bio-tech companies (seeing as it was very related to what I was studying at the time) and then began investing in the resource sector briefly.

I was investing purely on fundamentals but I began thinking that, although I feel XYZ has everything going for it, its just undervalued, it was necessary for others to view it the same way. I learned pretty quickly that the market does things which often seems counter intuitive based on the value judgement I may have made. Given this, I began looking at other ways of investing and stumbled upon the idea of technical analysis. I agreed with the principles upon which it is based and began reading up.

I quickly picked up "Technical Analysis of Stock Trends" by Edwards and Magee. I've spent the last 8 months or so studying this book (I have other responsibilities mind you) and feel I have a good grasp on all the topics which he covers. That being said, there are a number of things I have read about which the book does not go over.

So...does anyone have any recommendations of where I should go next? I want to learn more about moving averages and how they relate to support/resistance and trend lines.

Lastly, I realize that this book was written in the 20s and some things may have changed, been discredited, or have been improved upon. Any advice towards that would be appreciated as well.

Thanks for reading.