Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

Shifting full time trader, setting automation with easylanguage, testing algo's now several years preparing for capital injection. My game currently is the sector spyders , ie XLB, XLE, XLF, XLI, XLK, XLP, XLU, XLV, XLY . i live and sleep sectors, 12 years in when gold was 200/oz ,i was told to pricy so i sold it, my first trade... lol, last 30 days net profit 4k paper, hand trading live alerts over algo's , working slopes, trends, rsi's waves, r & s, and lots of patience , work 10 min bars / 6 month history / multichart / 12 monitor system. hope to contribute. Scott B.

Shifting full time trader, setting automation with easylanguage, testing algo's now several years preparing for capital injection. My game currently is the sector spyders , ie XLB, XLE, XLF, XLI, XLK, XLP, XLU, XLV, XLY . i live and sleep sectors, 12 years in when gold was 200/oz ,i was told to pricy so i sold it, my first trade... lol, last 30 days net profit 4k paper, hand trading live alerts over algo's , working slopes, trends, rsi's waves, r & s, and lots of patience , work 10 min bars / 6 month history / multichart / 12 monitor system. hope to contribute. Scott B.

Welcome to TL!

Are your strategies automated in EL? Do you find the Spyders liquid enough for algo trading in lower timeframes? Do you have any difficulties shorting these instruments? Are you trading outright directional moves or pairs etc?

BlueHorseshoe

Hey Blue, screen of XLY , also strats are auto, sreen alert as well as email alert, I then paper track as they are under test mode due to capital structure constraint. 20k is my set trade , 200k account cap on the 9 sectors, regular session. liquidity on a major spyders handling 5 to 50 mil daily vol may take a few pennies on the spread. time frames , i utilize 10 min bars, if have found this to be a sweet spot within the algo and the instrument , indexes like this move in a turtle fasion but have the power of a dinasourus rex. lol... All are shortable as the slope permits, I stay 20% above or below the 0 line of the range on a 6 month chart, no sence to trade a sleeping rex. slope carries a multiple in the risk / reward department . dont fight city hall. The trade is based on directional moves based on slope, wave , average and equity. generating a traders log in the traders log forum. as a tip, dont trade real cabbage unless you have a system that is proven profitable over a 6 month period, expect 6 to 1 loss/win ratio , be happy to exit a loser as it shows control. I have limited my emotion thru algo's, the only over ride i do is political... I dont trust politics so i step aside during the unknowns, as i recently shut down the system prior to new years and no vote taken, yes lost the gap up as i was long all 9 sectors and profited, yet the uncertainty was not worth the risk involved. my thought was against a fiscal passing, then again look what happened, after the gap i refused to reenter until a corrective wave and a new signal. never chase , let her come to you. gotta split good stuff

bullsandbearsTEST30.thumb.jpg.2748f67a9ec00824144778b37fb7898d.jpg