Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

Trendup_

Heikin Ashi (for OEC)

Has someone been successful in installing Heikin Ashi candles in OEC platform?
i've used oec before. i can help. from platform go to view menu then custom indicators then indicator store. scroll down until you find heikin ashi. select it and install (top left icon in indicator store window). once you install it then bring up a chart (any time frame) right clik in a blank area of chart..select indicators..then imported..then heikin ashi. It will then apply heikin ashi to the chart. you have to do this later process (starting from right clik in blank area) for each chart you use. hope this helps. it is a free indicator so you don't have to buy it from store.

i've used oec before. i can help. from platform go to view menu then custom indicators then indicator store. scroll down until you find heikin ashi. select it and install (top left icon in indicator store window). once you install it then bring up a chart (any time frame) right clik in a blank area of chart..select indicators..then imported..then heikin ashi. It will then apply heikin ashi to the chart. you have to do this later process (starting from right clik in blank area) for each chart you use. hope this helps. it is a free indicator so you don't have to buy it from store.

Thanks, I had a look at it, it is not plotting the Heikin Ashi candles, it just color them. I have the same result with this coding:

{Heikin Ashi PaintBarStudy (not an indicator)

Heikin-Ashi technique for visualization of trend -

Correctly paints bars with no candlesticks if you hide regular bar style as follows:

Format Symbol, style tab, select Dot on Close, color to white or black }

inputs: UpColor(white),DnColor(black);

vars: haClose(0),haOpen(0),haHigh(0),haLow(0), color(0);

if BarNumber = 1 then begin

haOpen = Open;

haClose = (Open+High+Low+Close)/4;

haHigh = MaxList( high, haOpen, haClose);

haLow = MinList( low, haOpen,haClose);

end;

if BarNumber > 1 then begin

haClose = (Open+High+Low+Close)/4; ////average bar price

haOpen = (haOpen [1] + haClose [1])/2 ; ////avg open/close 1 bar ago