Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

Predictor

Limit Vs Market Orders Webinar

I'm planning to do a free webinar this weekend on knowing when/how to use Limit and Market orders. It may seem simple but it's taken me years of thoughtful study and practice to learn when it is appropriate to use one order type or the other. I believe that most traders overuse one type or the other.

Some traders swear by Limit orders others by Market. This webinar is designed to teach when it is appropriate to use one or the other type and why there is a benefit in using a mix of order types. While the information may be useful for any trader, it is mostly based on my experiences in trading the ES mini future and applies to the futures especially.

I plan to do this webinar this Saturday morning at around 10 AM. I haven't yet decided what I will use for the meeting though. I wanted to get this out and see if there is enough interest to do it this Saturday. I expect it to take around 30 minutes to 1 hour max. It shouldn't be too long.

Thanks. I will be back with the details before Saturday.

Admins feel free to place this where it belongs best. Also, if there is anything that conflicts with that time then let me know and I may choose another time.

Just an update, I will be back before Saturday with all the details. I want to thank the admins here for creating a great forum for sharing trading ideas. And, I'm very excited to speaking on this topic. This has been something that I struggled to understand for several years, and only in the past few months have I came very close to understanding most of the factors involved when deciding which order type I should use. I also understand why some swear by limit and why some swear by market.

I think traders, of all experience levels, will be able to benefit.

Thanks again...

In order to allow for more traders to participate, I will be hosting this event on Sunday morning instead of Saturday morning. The details will go out with the newsletter tomorrow morning. Thanks.

I use a market order when getting a fill is more important than getting the price I want, and I use a limit order when getting the price I want is more important than getting a fill.

What is more important isn’t a function of what I want, so we shouldn’t confuse what is more important to someone than what is more important.

We should consider our trading methodology when determining which orders are more appropriate, but there are some general guidelines (or considerations) that aren’t plan specific.

Will you be providing a summary of your key points here on this site?

Thanks to everyone who attended. I've made the recording available below. The audio messes up for about 2-3 seconds at one point but I think that's the only point, and everything is good after that. Thanks.

Limit vs Markets

Edited by Predictor