Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

lastninja2

Differences Between Equity Index & FI, Futures

Hi,

I'd like to start a discussion about the differences in behaviour of equity index futures, and fixed income futures.

Primarily I am interested in FESX vs FGBL, but happy to hear thoughts about this topic in a more general sense.

*Do you have a preference between the two, and if so, why?

*Do you think there is a major difference in how they respond to macroeconomic news - e.g. you must take a more "microeconomic" view on major companies/earnings, if you are speciliazing in a stock index (particularly FESX with only 50 components), whereas more emphasis on Central Banks if you are in FI?

*Is either one more suitable for a particular style of trading. I note FESX is more prone to tight ranges, in which you can play shopkeeper for a while - bid, offer, bid, offer...

*Do you find one more volatile than the other? I don't mean specifically FESX vs FGBL, but in more general terms, do FI futures tend to be trickier products to trade?

*Do you have an opinion on what the future holds for these two "brands" of product? Is the future brighter for FI/Equity Index futures, and if so, why? Or no difference?

Just posting the above bullet points in an attempt to shape the discussion, but very welcome any thoughts at all on the matter.

At some point I'm going to make a decision on which of the two (FESX/FGBL) to specailize on. I'm still on the fence.

Thanks

On a company's equilibrium sheet, the quantity of the money contributes by the owners bonus the retained salary (or wounded). Also referred to as "shareholders' fairness". In terms of asset strategies, fairness (stocks) is one of the main benefit lessons.

Hi,

I'd like to start a discussion about the differences in behaviour of equity index futures, and fixed income futures.

Primarily I am interested in FESX vs FGBL, but happy to hear thoughts about this topic in a more general sense.

*Do you have a preference between the two, and if so, why?

Ask some to produce daily charts of both and tell him to remove all labels, prices, etc. Then take a arbitrary period of six months from each chart and give it to you. Would you be able to assign the right chart to the right product?