Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

wshahan

SpookyWill

A REAL "SWINGING EVENING"

I exited the Thursday day session carrying Short positions in the the NASDAQ at 2759.50, and S&P E-mini at 1395.50. I closed the trades in the Friday morning session for a gain of 32.75 points in the NASDAQ and 16 points in the E-mini.

The trades illustrated three key auction market principles:

1. Initial Setup

2. Trade entry

3. The critical nature of stop management, especially:

a. Initial placement must be related to market structure; and

b. The importance of not moving stops prematurely.

We had a two day consolidation pattern with Thursday being balanced profile. This formation has the possibility of producing a sharp move without predicting a direction. Since value had been migrating lower, and the structure we shorted was a double top with the Globex high, the short was a reasonable bet. The stop management was critical to the trade and many traders would have been stopped out prior to the big decline. This issue will be addressed by me in Monday's chat room session.

You are invited to visit my room Monday, April 9th to review Thursdays' trades and trade set ups. Also, to see what Mondays' potential trade development brings. The hope is the review will give you useful information to for own trading. There is no charge for the visit.

To visit the room, E-mail me at wshahan@comcast.net for the Go To Meeting Room number.