Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

Axrose

Day Trading for a Beginner

Hi,

I am beginner and decided to enter stock market to start with small cash , mainly in Europe like DAX and CAC40 as I have been seeing these companies grow since my 22 years of business experience

My main interest is in Day Trading where I enter in the morning with my cash and exit before the markets close, I dont beleive in Margin Call, I feel more comfortable with my own cash,

the idea is to jump into already climbing stock, and dump it even if the gains are small (or worst for small loss) by the end of the session, I will be happy if the gain are under a percent , steady growth is better then risking the hard earned money with greed for more

my understanding is that even though I will be quick to decide and trade the settlement will still take place in T+2 or T+3 that means my capital is stuck in previous trades,

so any suggestions where I am wrong, I am sure there are gonna be pitfalls every where, but I guess if I keep my eyes open and my nose clean I can mange to survive

For Naveen, my strategy is pretty basic, I put my money in companies I know and as said before they must be strong, I dont go for Financial institutions where often hear "oops I did it again" or tech companies where things change faster then we change clothes

so in a nutshell I look for old but progressive companies, its not that these companies cant go down, but such occurrences are not very often

2 weeks ago I put together small virtual portfolio on Bloomberg app, I started by reading news and their fundamental, spread cash in 5 companies on their previous day close by the afternoon together they added up almost 2% in value, for me it was time to dump them

day after day I was doing it and every day my cash adding up between 1% to 1.7% until the news about euro zone starts coming in where I start to add over 3% the point where I dump the stocks

until last thursday where Euro leaders met and finalized 1.4 trillion support and stuck a deal with greek debt holders that day I added up nearly 6% on my selected companies

to cut the long story short I react and select the companies on news and I just sell my portfolio as soon as I feel that its time to get out , its purely a gut feeling

the only thing I need is to get in and out in a same day to avoid any after market and the next day opening surprises

I hope my strategies is clear now (its no rocket science)

about the nagesh's comment: the problem I am foreseeing in this is the T+3 in US and I guess T+2 for FSE, I will be working on limited cash, and I dont plan to make margin call, since I will be selling at the end of the session I have to wait for days until my trade is settled

Have u tested ur methods for day trading by paper trading? I would suggest you to paper trade first and see what are the different scenarios possible and what steps u should take in each of them....

Stick to companies with good volume and volatility. i don't know how much important are fundamentals in day trading...

Learnt a valuable lesson today, if we keep a close eye on nose diving charts as it was today, even then their is a money to be made, we have to make sure that company is in good shape and just taking a beating because of overall market sentiments.

We have to be very accurate to figure out where the bottom is and soon as it touches the bottom buy it

I guess their is an opportunity in companies that lost in region of 6% if they are in good shape

Please correct me if I am wrong

I think I have overstated my strategy or my words have taken on on literal meanings,

Any way this is how I look at things:

a. I have made a small portfolio of companies that I know well, which have good industrial background, which have strong and healthy books

B. Which have good and already proving strategy in markets specially in Emerging markets which are main source of growth for companies these days

C.I am watching their market movements for weeks before putting real money behind them, I am seeing their lows and highs specially in todays volatile situation when news from Greece and Italy are clearly visible in charts

D. The companies I look at have price fluctuations because of market sentiments not because of that individual company's performance

The bottom and top are set on daily basis, I set my own bottom and top based on my own calculation and trend evaluation and to act when it's reached

The starting objective is not to make big money but my strategy is not to loose money