Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

Trend Rider

Mechanica Portfolio Engineering Software

I was wondering if there are any Mechanica users out there? It is a very powerful software program that does many critical tasks that is not available with the other programs. I would be interested in exchanging ideas with amy serious users.

How do you find it compared to Trading Blox? The Blox "Builder" version seems to have similar functionality at a lower price. However, I'm not up to date on the latest and greatest version of Mechanica (didn't it used to be called Trading Recipes?), so I may be talking out of school.

I have not used Trading Blox. I was introduced to Mechanica by a friend that uses it but he paid a coder to write his code. Unfortunately his coder is no longer around. Yes it used to be Trading Recipes. I think Mechanica has some powerful features that just do not exist on other programs. It is truly a custom platform that is not widely marketed. I do have some basic trading systems running for testing purposes but want my more advanced ones running on it soon. I will continue to practice and learn.:2c:

I don't know Mecanica, I only use Trading Blox. - I suggest you go to the following thread in the Trading Blox forum:

Trader's Roundtable :: View topic - Dean Hoffman's review of Trading Blox software

There are users comparing Trading Blox and Mecanica who seem to have both products. Perhaps that gives some clarification. If you search on the Trading Blox forum for "mecanica" you will find more comments.

I hope that helps.