Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

Sign in to follow this  
Ingot54

Advertisers on TL Abusing Privacy

Just a heads up on what I think is a rogue advertiser on Traders Laboratory.

My email box has been spam-free for about 4 weeks. Tonight I clicked through the advert pictured below, and entered my first name and email address in order to reach a download link for a free eBook ... standard stuff.

However, within 6 hours I have received 4 spam emails. It is too coincidental.

I am posting the particular email subject lines below, in case others have been spammed by exactly the same people, following clicking on the same advert. I have reported the issue to Google Ads.

These are the email subjects:

1) PIPNOCULAR ... First Forex Robot That Makes Millions from $250

2) I Love Hardware.info ... Your Computer Repair Giving You Headaches?

3) ach@nacha. org ... ACH transaction canceled

4) Rebecca Russell ... Re: Career Finders

Needless to say I did not click on anything within the body of these emails, nor did I attempt to unsubscribe - another way they know they have a "live" email address.

If anyone who clicked on the advertisement below has also been spammed by these same people, then we may have a case to prosecute the company who is abusing the email Privacy Act (or not!!)

Cheers

Ingot

Spam.JPG.f5810ad9f5b1f3e0fcc25a32150f2ba5.JPG

Might I suggest using online temporary e-mail address services when requesting "free" e-books and the like. There are serveral free ones on the net. Much better way to keep your inbox spam free than suing "the man"

:2c:

Might I suggest using online temporary e-mail address services when requesting "free" e-books and the like. There are serveral free ones on the net. Much better way to keep your inbox spam free than suing "the man"

:2c:

Cheers Neo

The idea of "suing" was more a way to shut it down and expose the scam. I doubt an individual or even a group of individuals could accomplish a successful law suite.

I actually have a "silent" email address just for this purpose - that's how I know the spammer is connected to the advert. There is no spam ... suddenly after the connection to the advert, there is spam!

In Australia over the past 3 years there have been about 4 cases where spammers were fined over $2 million!

We take our spam seriously down here!

:rofl::rofl:

Thank you for the reply, and the suggestion though - appreciated.