Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

butterfield

Trading Stocks... Which Broker to Use?

Guys I need your help deciding which DMA broker to use. I have a daily strategy buying (or shorting) stocks at the close of the day to sell them (or buy them back) at the close of the next day. I have been using IB and have been happy with the system and their commissions ($0.005 per share), the problem is that lately I have been trading more low priced stocks so the $0.005 cost is starting to be very steep for me. IB does not have the pricing structures others like TD Ameritrade have where you can pay a fix price "per ticket" instead of "per share", I would rather pay $9.99 per ticket instead of $0.005 per share when trading $1 priced stocks.

So I am forced to change brokers... considering that I only buy and sell U.S. equities and don´t need fundamental research of sophisticated graphs... Which broker would you recommend me to use?

I hear interesting comments about TD Ameritrade and the new platform at CS StreetSmart Edge... any comments?