Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

jimm

Gbpjpy

Hello fellow traders,

I am being told the downside to the GBPJPY is soon to be in great favor. Does anyone else agree with this? It comes from a reliable trading group. But I would love to hear if anyone else is considering this too.

Jim M

Hi Jimm, Welcome to Traderslaboratory.

I don't listen to what other people say, However, If were looking to short GBP/JPY I would watch my charts. This is what I see now for a possible short.

On the chart I have 2 TLs, The upper one is from the 1 hour TF, the lower one is from the 4 hour. On a candle close below the TL on the 1 hour chart, I would look for a test of the TL on the 4 hour chart. This set up is called a "Two Trendy". What makes it more interesting is tha the 1 hour TL is right around Mons S3 and the 4 hour TL is a bit above the Weekly Pivot.

On a candle close below the Weekly pivot, on the 4 hour chart, 12829 would not surprise me. It's a little too early to commit to that, but I would take the TL to TL short if I was awake/around to see it.

2t.thumb.gif.13d30c56c877feddd723f734ab9622d2.gif

I should have added that if price comes down to the TL on the 4 hour TL, a bounce should not be totally unexpected. I that scenario unfolds, drop to a lower TF to determine direction.

As an example, I caught a nice bounce off that TL last Tues, 2/08.

Edited by Mysticforex

I didn't short at the first close below the TL because the candles were kind of "Doji" looking.

Did finally short at the Daily Pivot on a normal looking candle. Stop is above the most recent high@ 13440. I have a "Price Alert" set for if/when it reaches the TL on the 4 hour.

If it looks like it's going to bounce I'll get out. If it looks like it will continue south, the next key area will be around 13210.

BTW I have a reliable "FREE" price alert site that will send you an sms awhen price hits whatever level you select. If anyone is interested, leave me a message here on the thread.

gj2t.thumb.gif.7175a800b520153be729afb56814e579.gif

I didn't short at the first close below the TL because the candles were kind of "Doji" looking.

Did finally short at the Daily Pivot on a normal looking candle. Stop is above the most recent high@ 13440. I have a "Price Alert" set for if/when it reaches the TL on the 4 hour.

If it looks like it's going to bounce I'll get out. If it looks like it will continue south, the next key area will be around 13210.

BTW I have a reliable "FREE" price alert site that will send you an sms awhen price hits whatever level you select. If anyone is interested, leave me a message here on the thread.

Well I'm out of this one, looks like we're going for R3.

Hi Jim, I don't know what the GBPJPY prediction is based on, but there are some smart people out there and it could well be correct. I looked at the weekly chart for the pair and on that chart you can see that it's been moving sideways for about two years now, after a big drop in 2008. Matter of fact since September '09 and now it's been stuck between 125 and 150. Eventually price will break out of this range, but I wouldn't predict in which direction. I'd wait for the break to happen and then look for an opportunity to get on board the new trend.

Good luck.