Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

quinn123

Checking for News

Hi,

I trade futures and stocks and I want to check for significant news releases.

I do not want to read the news I just want to know when it is being released so I can decide if I should alter my trade (or trade at all).

Is there any type of news that I should be especially aware of? Commodity prices etc. when trading futures?

Or

Should I not check for news at all and just concentrate on trading naked? (I use VSA & Wykoff methods with S/R/trend lines).

Thanks,

Regards,

Quinn

Edited by quinn123

Go to newsstrike.com and sign up. Be patient as you will have to wait a few days to get your login name & password. BTW, for some very mysterious reason the service is 100% free.

Cheers

Check bloomberg.com under Market Data, Economic Calendar -- this will provide you with a quick glance of the date and time of economic data releases in the current week. I find this very helpful - it provides notice of the news but I don't necessarily care what the news is.

As far as free news sources go, my personal preference is Forex Factory:

Forex Factory

They release the news very fast; within seconds of it coming out. I feel that the display format that Forex Factory uses makes it easy to get a overview of the news very quickly. There is one downside though, they focus on what affects currencies, and leave out a few things that Bloomberg does not. Bloomberg includes retail sales information for example, that Forex Factory doesn't. Bloomberg also has a "Market Focus" detail that might be helpful.

Economic Calendar - Bloomberg

If you wanted to pay money for a news source, but get it the very second it comes out, you could get a subscription to Trade The News.

https://tradethenews.com/

If you have the money to spend, fine, but if you don't, then wait until you have your trading skills and strategy worked out.