Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

m4mirror

SGX Xinhua China A50 Index Futures.

last time I looked at this about a year ago there was just no liquidity for this on the SGX. From memory, the volume for the china A50 was on the HKFE. I may have it slightly wrong if it was the china A50, but there was a chinese index trading on the HKFE with pretty decent liquidity and for some reason the A50 sounds about right.

Most of the products on the SGX just don't have enough volume, sadly.

Hi MidKnight,

Thanks for the quick reply. There is actually a A50 ETF trading in HKSE (Symbol:2823), But I noted its deviation from the index is pretty large (sometimes>10%). The more serious problem is the different trading hours to the China market. So it is impossible to use it as a intraday tracking tools.

So I am looking for other alternatives.

Cheers,

Alex.

Hi MidKnight,

Thanks for the quick reply. There is actually a A50 ETF trading in HKSE (Symbol:2823), But I noted its deviation from the index is pretty large (sometimes>10%) and has different trading hours. So it is impossible to use it as a intraday tracking tools.

So I am looking for other alternatives.

Cheers,

Alex.

There was also an A50 future I thought. Oh wait, maybe the thing I am thinking of wasn't an A50 (I said earlier that I wasn't entirely sure....). I just looked in my data cache and it seems the symbol I am thinking of was HHI-HKFE which I believe was the H-shares index. Sorry for the extra noise to your question :-\

With kind regards,

MK