Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

Szymon

Ham (Amateur) Radio Operators - Are There Any Here?

Hi youri,

I am in the middle of reactivating my licence... getting back in to this after 10 years.

What radios did you use youri?

I used to have the Yeasu FT101ZD HF transciever (valve type), used to be a very good radio.

Simon

Hi Simon.I used home made transciever UW3DI back in Ukrain.But it was 30 years ago.Now i trade markets part time but very soon it is gona be full time.73.Youri

Hi All,

Just a quick question. Do we have any Ham (Amateur Radio) operators here who also trade the markets?

Let me know,

VK2SIM

Simon

Very good hobby Simon I used to be a VK4--- in the 80s 90s, active in 2m,20m and 40m, and packet radio than we had the internet…:rofl:

The solar cycle seems to be low at the moment I thought it would be higher by now, you may have to wait a bit more to have a good propagation.

SOLARCYCLE 24.com - Trend Charts

Some believe there is a correlation between the solar activity and the market, something to look at I guess!

73,Cheers.

HI,

You guys piqued my interest. Question, with the internet and all it's chats and such, is ham still very popular? Or is it declining in popularity? Or is that a silly question because it's altogether different? I used to have some interest in it decades ago but other than reading about it never got started. I may look into it again.

Thanks

HI,

You guys piqued my interest. Question, with the internet and all it's chats and such, is ham still very popular? Or is it declining in popularity? Or is that a silly question because it's altogether different? I used to have some interest in it decades ago but other than reading about it never got started. I may look into it again.

Thanks

Contacting someone on the over side of the earth using different paths and frequencies was something magic; the easy internet communication has killed that feeling. But I don’t think Amateur Radio is less popular, you’ll always have the challenge to build, experiment on transceivers, antennas.Etc...

Imagination has no limit in that field, I remember flying a kite to launch a long wire antenna, actually you’ll find more Pros than Amateurs, the ingenuity found in that group is phenomenal, and the friendship is something you won’t regret if you decide to join the family.

The subject is so vast; I don’t know where to start. See the link; in the left column you’ll find a variety of disciplines you can engage in, it is endless.

VKFAQ - About VK1DA

Hi Trenup and All,

I have reactivated my callsign today VK2SIM, going to buy a 6m/2m/70cm Yeasu VX-8DR in the next few weeks or days. I totally agree with the HF side of things. But that is OK.

I am getting into this because I want to use the frequencies for this. Have a look at the video.

BEAR-4 (space)

Thanks all,

Simon

Congratulation Simon!Good luck! Nice video.Thanks.But still like markets better. Sold my bussines and in 7 days moving to Sunshine cost,have plans start trading markets full time.73 Youri

Contacting someone on the over side of the earth using different paths and frequencies was something magic; the easy internet communication has killed that feeling. But I don’t think Amateur Radio is less popular, you’ll always have the challenge to build, experiment on transceivers, antennas.Etc...

Imagination has no limit in that field, I remember flying a kite to launch a long wire antenna, actually you’ll find more Pros than Amateurs, the ingenuity found in that group is phenomenal, and the friendship is something you won’t regret if you decide to join the family.

The subject is so vast; I don’t know where to start. See the link; in the left column you’ll find a variety of disciplines you can engage in, it is endless.

VKFAQ - About VK1DA

I appreciate your reply and the link. I'll certainly look into it. I can see where the "tinkerers" would really shine in this hobby, although as you say it may no longer be as "magical" since all you need is the internet if you wanted to contact someone. But I do see your point that it's still that community of folks with similar interests where life long friedships would develop.

Thanks again.

Hi Youri,

Excellent News, I wish you all the best in the transition to your full time trading.

My folks live in the Upper Coomera area of the Gold Coast.

What software are you using and datafeed. I have been using OpenECry and Multicharts.

I finally took the plunge and purchased the ICOM 92AD hand-held transciever 2m/70cm bands and wide band receieve with D-Star mode. $629 bucks, so far I am impressed.

Regards

Simon

Hi Youri,

At this stage I am trading part time CME future currencies and looking into the ASX shares, as the time difference does not suit my lifestyle and work. It's simply not enough hours in my day.

What is your trading style, scalping, swing trading or both?

Simon

Hey Youri or Szymon,

What are you all trading down under. I am trading CL, GC and NG. I also trade some NQ and then swing trade the forex. I am usually done in a few hours of trading. I know a lot of folks in AU and NZ that are traders.

Sorry Simon took so long to answer,been moving myself to Sunshine cost.I had the same problem back in Melbourne,working whole day and try to find a minute to trade.During the day at work was looking at 60 min. bar chart of spi try to find support and resistans.During night time had my laptop next to my bed.Manly was watching 60 min chart of YM and trade betwen 5am and 6am our time on 2min charts.Now i am not working and hope will spend more time to trade.73.Youri

Hey Youri or Szymon,

What are you all trading down under. I am trading CL, GC and NG. I also trade some NQ and then swing trade the forex. I am usually done in a few hours of trading. I know a lot of folks in AU and NZ that are traders.

Hi WorldTrader,

At this stage i am only trading CME currencies, part time as I am running a full time business here. And studying to get my RG146 paper, so i can get into the financial industry here.

Regards,

Simon

Sorry Simon took so long to answer,been moving myself to Sunshine cost.I had the same problem back in Melbourne,working whole day and try to find a minute to trade.During the day at work was looking at 60 min. bar chart of spi try to find support and resistans.During night time had my laptop next to my bed.Manly was watching 60 min chart of YM and trade betwen 5am and 6am our time on 2min charts.Now i am not working and hope will spend more time to trade.73.Youri

Hi Youri,

Good to hear from you, I wish you luck on the full time trading side of things.

I am slowly getting myself into the financial business by acquiring RG146 papers, so maybe I may can work as a broker here in AU land and get more experience that way.

Time will tell.

Regards

73's Simon