Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

enochbenjamin

I Love Virgins

I have this same journal at another trading message site but I like the people at this one better. Much more willing to help one another here. So...I am duplicating my thread here.

Anyway, the title. I love trading virgin approaches to established (by me) support and resistance levels. I define virgin as a level that has not been revisited since it was created and do not count levels created in the current session. I also do not give as much weight to virgins that have been violated in the overnight sessions.

My vehicle of choice is the 10 year (ZN) although I have been known to occasionally trade other markets if a pretty virgin entices me (6E,CL, ES).

I'll be posting virgins the night before I see them and try to update the levels every morning.

I'll be posting tomorrows virgin plays as soon as I finish reviewing the profiles.

Virgins - young fresh and clean.

ES /Buy @ 110300

ZN Buy @ 117'04 and at 116'30

There is another virgin at 117'07 but I usually discount virgins as wannabes that have been probed once price comes within 4 ticks. During RTH's price went to 117'08.

It will be nice to see that chart to show your method of locating these untested "virgin" levels. Do you derive them from swings at HUP levels produced from previous day SDs from your market stats?

In any event for the ES I see a “classic” virgin POC working in that price level you mentioned. This may or may not be what you have in mind.

Here is an example of what I'd consider a "virgin exploration" if you will of a prior Trend Channel Line. I don't know what you'd call it after it was pierced to the upside, but the first touch was the virgin is shown on the chart.

iluvvirginstoo.jpg.ef93b5bf2766decfad44f6c4a22e71fe.jpg

Ok - there was a nice virgin trade in ZN this morning but once the virgin is violated my charting platform won't show her anymore so.... I found a couple of ES virgins. The first time - AND FIRST TIME ONLY - the virgin is penetrated fade with a tight stop.

attachment.php?attachmentid=19807&stc=1&d=1267644854

So buy virgin @ 111750 and when she's done if there is time buy another virgin @ 111425.

Virgins are good until violated so if we don't get to them today they will still be good tomorrow.

5aa70fe0a9c88_3.2ESVirginapproach.thumb.png.fde7367a5a9de02c7735a5765dfa6ffd.png

Question:

If you are picking virgin POCs off that come from RTH, and one of them is penetrated over night for example, is that POC still valid and virgin?

I personally don't mess with virgins that have been fooling around overnight. It is interesting to note that the virgin 1114 held overnight.

I personally don't mess with virgins that have been fooling around overnight. It is interesting to note that the virgin 1114 held overnight.

So you are saying that if you have a virgin that was created with the RTH data.... and then if that level is penetrated overnight, you don't look at it anymore?

So you are saying that if you have a virgin that was created with the RTH data.... and then if that level is penetrated overnight, you don't look at it anymore?

Not saying I won't look at her but from my brief experience the virgins are much more likely to hold up if they have NEVER been revisited after being formed. So I would prefer to fade a pristine virgin.

This is just how I play em - but this is not a concept I invented so you might find differing opinions.