Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

vegas_trader

Corona Charts

Funky looking charts! Nice. I always have been interested in how to visualise stuff and thought Ehlers spectrum charts (or whatever he calss them) quite novel.

Edit found this PDF that might cast some light.

CoronaCharts.pdf

Edited by BlowFish

Ehlers is quite a sophisticated numeric analyst.

Most people found his thinking too deep.

You will notice a number of his codes are on this forum.

Most of his codes by themselves do not take you anywhere,

but his bits and pieces are useful to build your own analysis.

I haven't used them....but I had to check back: first explanation was in Stocks & Commodities, November 2008. The indicator develops a "corona" near the center of the range signifying that a reversal is not imminent..the amplitude of the cycle wave is unimportant.

It apprears to be a hybrid of his "Impulse System," with a high signal-to-noise ratio graphing code.

Edited by HI_THERE
misc

Ehlers is quite a sophisticated numeric analyst.

Most people found his thinking too deep.

You will notice a number of his codes are on this forum.

Most of his codes by themselves do not take you anywhere,

but his bits and pieces are useful to build your own analysis.

Not so much deep thinking you just need degree level maths to follow along! Ideally electronic engineering or some discipline that has a strong maths foundation. That or be prepared to put some time and effort learning. His background is signal processing and he applies techniques from that field to financial data series. You are right about the code snipets they are just tools, I wouldn't have a clue how to start using this particular one! Having said that his books do give some ideas how to combine them into trading systems. The key to his stuff is separating the cyclical component (non trending or stationary) from the trending component. Last time I looked he pretty much always used a Hilbert transform for this. Fwiw the systems he sells seem pretty robust over the years they are consistently in the top 10 at futures truth.