Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

john67

Playback of the Day's Action

I need a charting program where I can record and then playback the day's action. I work full time, and just don't have the ability to spend any focused time watching while the market is going. So, I have come up with the idea to record and then play it back later.

I am planning on trading futures, so that is what I want to record. I will likely stick with one of the emini products like ES, YM, or NQ.

I presume I will need to fund an account to get the datafeed. However, if I can just get past feeds somewhere and play those back, I am willing to do that too.

What are the options and recomedations that you have?

Thank you.

I need a charting program where I can record and then playback the day's action. I work full time, and just don't have the ability to spend any focused time watching while the market is going. So, I have come up with the idea to record and then play it back later.

I am planning on trading futures, so that is what I want to record. I will likely stick with one of the emini products like ES, YM, or NQ.

I presume I will need to fund an account to get the datafeed. However, if I can just get past feeds somewhere and play those back, I am willing to do that too.

What are the options and recomedations that you have?

Thank you.

You can do this with NinjaTrader. NT is free in sim mode. You will have to connect it to a broker and IB is probably the cheapest to get data. It cost something like $10 a month if you don't generate $30 in commissions a month. You will have to open an account though. I am not sure what the minimum is. Check their website. NT's playback is pretty good though.

I think you can also do it with OEC. I haven't used OEC, so I don't know how good it is. You can sign up for a 15 day trial I think to check it out.

You can also do it with Ensign. I think it's subscription is around $40/month, but that includes downloading playback files I think.

I'm sure there are plenty others, but these are the ones coming to mind.

I think you can also do it with OEC. I haven't used OEC, so I don't know how good it is. You can sign up for a 15 day trial I think to check it out.

Yes OEC does offer replay

Open the pdf for Market replay

OEC - Futures and Forex Electronic Trading System OEC Trader Plug-Ins

You can sign on for $25.00 month for a full demo that offers all the markets listed here, live data including futures, forex, and options and the market replay

OEC - Futures and Forex Electronic Trading System Margin Requirements