Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

babujbf

Where to Begin? Reccomendations?

Hey guys, just joined this forum in hopes to learn about the stock market because right now I know nothing really. Don't know exactly what type of trader I want to be, day trader, forex, swing... not really sure if I want to trade even. But I want to learn about it from the ground up, so where do you guys suggest I should start?

Thanks

The other thing is to get a feel for market behaviour and structure. Wyckoff's stuff is old but the basics are still as relevant today.

dbPhoenix seems to be the web's leading proponent and you can find his best stuff here.

The Wyckoff Forum - Traders Laboratory - Professional Traders Community

There is no one way to make or lose money in trading but you'll do well to start with an understanding of trend, and support and resistance.

I am not sure what is best but I just started by reading 4 hours a day for 2 weeks through posts on this site and it really gave me a good flavor for what area was the most natural/compatible with my own personality and ideas. There isn't much that hasn't been discussed so my suggestion is to just get reading for a while.

All the best.

while Traderslaboratory is a good place to start, keep in mind that you do not want all of your information coming from one place. In addition to TL I recommend: Finviz, Investopedia, and FreeTradingVideos

learning should be diversified