Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

Trendup_

OEC Histogram, Faulty Volume

I’m just reporting that the histograms in the charts and DOM did not reset at the opening for the major futures symbols, so if you relay on the histogram for your statistics or as a volume price study it is a big concern as you could think being in a middle of the value area whilst actually being in the low or high value area. I did report the fault to OEC; hopefully it will be fixed quickly.

23:51 ESZ9 total volume is 47678, the DOM reports 517794 and the span is huge as reporting volume prior 15:30.

Volume is an issue in general. Just compare total volume shown in the DOM and what is shown in the Quote window. You will find a difference of 10 to 30%. This is because of their datafeed that filters "some" ticks.

Hi garak, you right the Total Volume in quote and in DOM should be the same, I always notice a slightly difference, this time it is a lot more sinister, as I write the DOM is reporting 158780 instead of 11147, (the Excel DDE feed is affected as well) the graphic in chart histogram is misleading, that is why I felt the need to warn the fellow trader as the histogram is a good indication to monitor the price action, if you are not aware of the fault it could result in bad decisions.

The ZN did reset OK but the ES is still crook, the problem should be fixed soon, in the meantime check if the figures match.

Guest Tresor

Do you have any idea if they fixed this issue? Eurex used to be wrong by something like 60%

Regards

5aa70f5cb928f_USenergiesvolume.thumb.png.9429bd01f93286140c6c6076bf2112ca.png

5aa70f5cbf231_TwovolumevaluesforEurex.thumb.png.b8a61315f031acfbe51e549b785ba254.png

Guest Tresor
Have you guys emailed OEC to see what they say? If not, try it out.

I e-mailed them several times. It was a few months ago. No I wonder if they fixed it.

Regards

Guest Tresor

No need to bother them. Please do this favour and check if the volume in OEC Charts equals volume in OEC Quotes, as shown in the screenshots I posted earlier.

Thanks

No need to bother them. Please do this favour and check if the volume in OEC Charts equals volume in OEC Quotes, as shown in the screenshots I posted earlier.

Thanks

My charts are shut down for the day.

I emailed them and asked them to take a look at the thread.

Guest Tresor

brownsfan019,

Did you by any chance had opportunity to check the volume?

Guest Tresor
All they will tell you is "we are working on it". At least they are aware of this issue :)

Thanks garak. Therefore I am assuming that the issue is not fixed. This is a pity because I wanted them to be my broker, because I liked their trading application a lot. Having tested their demo however I decided to wait till the problem of volume is gone.

Regards

Guest Tresor

Hi Garak,

There is one thing I do not understand. The volume shown in OEC Quotes is the correct one. It matches 100% the volume reported by the exchanges.

The volume that OEC shows in other items, e.g. in their data feed is completly wrong. Why can't they simply apply the correct volume from Quotes to other items :confused:

It should be an easy programming task to do.

12-4-09 Update on this issue

I got some answers on this. Here's what I was told:

• CME implied pricing is the reason for this difference.
  • The data received from the OEC provider does not conform to both of these CME sources (CME total volume and CME time & sales).
  • They are actively working to fix this.

OEC is aware of the issue and I asked to be kept in the loop as to when it may be fixed.

[*]CME implied pricing is the reason for this difference.

Accidentally you didn't talk to ChrisM, did you? What has CME data to do with Eurex traded Fgbl? :)

Edited by garak

Guest Tresor

[*]They are actively working to fix this.

Any deadline / EPA for fixing this issue? 1 month / 2 months / 3 months / 6 months / 12 months?

Any deadline / EPA for fixing this issue? 1 month / 2 months / 3 months / 6 months / 12 months?

You will never hear any deadline from them. I would expect this issue to be solved in a matter of days. But "actively working" seems to be a very flexible term :roll eyes:

Guest Tresor
You will never hear any deadline from them. I would expect this issue to be solved in a matter of days. But "actively working" seems to be a very flexible term :roll eyes:

I told them about this issue 8 months ago and they told me they would start working on it in a month from then. So, this makes 7 months of OEC having worked to solve the problem.

I hope they are finishing now :D

12-10-09 Update:

• A fix is scheduled to go into the test (api.openecry.com) environment tomorrow evening.
  • If all goes well then next Friday this fix will roll to SIM.
  • Then one week after this it will go to PROD.

That's the most recent info I was able to obtain.