Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

gcgecko

Looking for Signal Software That Goes with the Trend

I have been looking at various software packages and even sat in trading rooms where gurus are trying to sell their trading method. I am very surprised to find that all of them seem to be counter trend traders. I know trend is in the eye of the trader, but I keep it simple. I have 9min chart with a 34 ema on it. If price bars are closing above the 34 ema then market is in an UT, opposite for DT. There are days where price and the 34 ema will move up all day, today 10/29 is a good example. Oh almost forgot, trading the emini S&P and NQ. Bring up the above chart and I think all traders will agree 10/29 was an up trending day. Interesting yesterday, 10/28 was the exact opposite, it was a DT day all day. I am looking for a software package or service that gives signals going with the trend, not against it. Sure there are pullbacks against trend, but to me the best and safest trades are the ones going with the current trend. I also understand that there are days where the trend changes 2-4 times during the day. But, my experience has been that the 9min trend remains intact for hours at a time most often. Can anyone tell me about a software signal pkg or trading room service that is trend following. Again, I have been in a few rooms and I compare the trading calls vs my 9min chart and so often they are going against what I call the 9minute trend and they usually pay the price and then comes the excuses. I have also looked at off the shelf trading software signal packages and again see so many signals trying to pick the top or bottom against the trend. I am asking for help because so far I have not been able to find anything that fits what I have developed as my trading personality. Thank you for any help or advice you can pass my way.

what looks like a trend to you might not look like that to someone else,

you could be seeing a trend in a hourly timeframe while others detect a

trend in a daily timeframe and therefore for them they are trading "with" the

trend while you view it as "counter"trend.

then you have the ones that claim trend is still in place as long as price is

making higher highs or higher lows and then there the ones then find a trend not

activ anymore as soon as price is below some ma.

to me this is all bs.

you are better of avoiding those trading rooms in the near future and develop your own

style / technique, there is no such thing as "trend is your friend"

I understand the point of the trend is in the eye's of the beholder. I also understand a trend method on a choppy day will not do well. Just like a counter trend method won't do well in a strong trending day. I simply would like to try or study a few trend following methods just to see how they respond to various situations. In the last year it just seems that all I ever run into are counter trend methods. I understand there is no holly grail out there even though Monty Python did make the subject into a great movie. I am trying to use the experience of the group to save time and point me in the direction of a few trend trading software vendors, gurus, or free methods out in internet space.

I understand the point of the trend is in the eye's of the beholder. I also understand a trend method on a choppy day will not do well. Just like a counter trend method won't do well in a strong trending day. I simply would like to try or study a few trend following methods just to see how they respond to various situations. In the last year it just seems that all I ever run into are counter trend methods. I understand there is no holly grail out there even though Monty Python did make the subject into a great movie. I am trying to use the experience of the group to save time and point me in the direction of a few trend trading software vendors, gurus, or free methods out in internet space.

Given your post history, you appear to have been bouncing around among various approaches, software programs, gurus, and so forth. Rather than rely on software or gurus, have you considered doing it yourself? If you can tell the difference between up and down, there's really no reason why you can't brush everything else aside and apply your own intelligence to what you see in front of you. And you won't have to spend anything to do it.

I remember reading about a very successful trader who used to print a chart out and pin it on the wall, if it looked like it was going up, then it was an uptrend, down a downtrend.

Then the trick comes in being able to 1 - have a plan to trade it, 2 - position management 3 - be able to stand the mind games of trading.

I have never seen a computer system that can help with these three things. Hard work is about all you need.

There are plenty of trend trading sites around - google it.