Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

dwt1020

Ladder DOM

Are there any brokers who use an ECN and a ladder dom and also have forex mini accounts?

I cant' find any forex brokers who use a Ladder DOM for forex trading.. Does anyone know of any?

thanks in advance

david

Forex DOM is - at least - highly questionable.

(IB supplies it also).

If you want to go for more valid DOM data look into CME currency futures (6E, 6B, 6A ...) for which DOM is supplied also with reasonable brokers (IB and others).

Hi, Mb trading can be used with Ninja trader. PFG Best can be also, but I do not recommend PFG for technical reasons. Also to run Ninja trader well you have to get the right combo of .net 2.0 framework, plus the upgrade patch. Higher versions of .net can disrupt it. Also don't forget any API file you may need for the brokers selected. Also you may need backfill, and MB doesn't supply this. If you open a basic PFG account, and get great free feeds and backfill, plus futures feeds free. I think it is like $500 to open, but then you can withdraw some.

Ninja is a tricky platform, it does have a reasonable repair option on the add/ remove program area. Paper trade with the DOM for awhile, It does freeze and crash sometimes. Also there is a fee for live trading. It does have amazing preset trailing stops and order presets. You have to work out your key code to offer access to the correct broker option selections, they change upon request from NT.

Of course there is trade station but, well I will not go back to them again.

Anyhow good luck with freeze free trading.

Edited by Eric Johnson

Hi, Mb trading can be used with Ninja trader. PFG Best can be also, but I do not recommend PFG for technical reasons. Also to run Ninja trader well you have to get the right combo of .net 2.0 framework, plus the upgrade patch. Higher versions of .net can disrupt it. Also don't forget any API file you may need for the brokers selected. Also you may need backfill, and MB doesn't supply this. Open a basic PFG account, and get great free feeds and backfill, plus futures feeds free. I think it is like $500 to open, but then you can withdraw some.

Ninja is a tricky platform, it does have a reasonable repair option on the add/ remove program area. Paper trade with the DOM for awhile, It does freeze and crash sometimes. Also there is a fee for live trading. It dose have amazing preset trailing stops and order presets.

Anyhow good luck with freeze free trading.

What are the technical reasons that you wouldn't recommend PFG?

It works well on the demo, but when we went live we had it twice just put in random orders, reverse positions, unable to exit, and just about sunk an account two times using it. They admit that their own advanced software is a bit shaky, I think the interface with the DOM has issues, this was about 6 months ago.

PFG customer service is not as good as MB for sorting it out, and NT said it had nothing to do with them. MB has been very solid, PFG left us hanging and guessing far too many times for many things.