Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

taotree

Best Book on Understanding Volume

I apologize if this is the wrong forum, but if there was one book on understanding volume (specifically I'm in the futures market), what would it be?

I know there is lots of great info in these forums that I plan to leverage over time, but I'm looking for a book that can give me a solid basis in understanding volume, how to view it, how to read it, its interaction with price and the market, etc.

Thanks!

If you truly desire to understand price/volume relationships and desire to construct your own stategies/tactics rather than looking for of-the shelf patterns or setups with an indicator to tell you when to get in and get out, then undertake a prolonged study of Wyckoff.

To whet your appetite get hold of "Techniques of Tape Reading" - Vadym Graifer.

and go through all the threads in the Wyckoff forum. Dbphoenix has an excellent e-book, costs less than 1ESmini pt, but highly informative on the subject.

Good luck

I quite like Amazon.com: Studies in Tape Reading (Fraser Publishing Library) (Fraser Contrary Opinion Library Book): Rollo Tape: Books

Neils tape reading and market tactics is good too but a lot of overlap with studies in tape reading.

"The Undeclared Secrets That Drive The Stock Market" by Tom Williams is pretty good too http://www.geniechartist.com/default/vsa.php

Amazon.com: Reminiscences of a Stock Operator (Wiley Investment Classics): Edwin Lefèvre, Roger Lowenstein: Books This is one of my favourite books period. It is not specifically about volume though it is covered.