Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

timgallaway

1st Day with New Setup....

I don't have exact details on time if the trades, I closed my "fill window" in TT Trader and loged off before I remember to save the times. I'm still using TT trader's MD Trader DOM for order entery. I switched to SIM mode for the testing of this setup.

Below is a cut and past of a notepad log that I kept today.

TRADE LOG FOR Setup 1

----------------------

4/6/09

1 contract Trade - Good early w setup, not clear on indicators, LONG

1 contract Trade - Good 4 tick profit, 6 tick stop, SHORT, short skew

1 contract Trade - Good 4 tick profit, 6 tick stop, short skew

1 contract Trade - bad 6 tick stopped out, 4 tick profit target, LONG in short skew- entered too early into the fade. only one indicator confirmation.

1 contract trade - Good 4 tick profit, 6 tick stop, LONG in short skew,

Better entry from last trade. waited for fade and

other indicators to confirm.

1 contract trade - Good 4 tick profit, 6 tick stop, LONG in short skew

1 contract trade - GOOD 4 tick profit, 6 tick stop, SHORT in long skew

2 contract trade - GOOD 4 - 6 Tick profit, 6 tick stop, Short in mixed skew

1 contract trade - Good 5 ticks profit, 6 tick stop, Long in Mixed skew

1 Contract trade - Good 4 tick profit, 6 tick stop. Short in mixed skew

For charting I'm using Ninja, as pictured below. Ideally from what I've read, a 1 to 1 ration is ideal for profit target and stop loss. But since I'm only trading 1 contract, I figured I may as well get out ASAP and still give it some room for the stop due to volatility.

5aa70ec1dc014_ES06-094_6_2009(1Min).thumb.jpg.fd9bfe7a18fdc5fac3e01a2f7cc402e1.jpg

Good to see you posting something Tim that you worked on. I didn't bother back to that other thread, so not looking to stir the pot.

Good luck on your trading and just keep in mind that this business takes a long time to learn and find your rhythm. Don't get discouraged easily and keep at it.