Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

blib

Scan in TS

I'm looking for help in setting up a scripts that I can run in a scan window first thing in the morning that will scan a list of futures products that I follow for specific criteria.

1. New momentum high/low (3/10 Oscillator making a new overnite high/low relative to previous x bars)

2. Momentum divergences - 3/10 oscillator and price move in opposite directions from prior price pivot point

any suggestions or assistance is greatly appreciated

Paul,

Given that I would like to apply the screen to a broad universe of products, I'm guessing the scanner if best. I have the basic indicators in place that I currently use in charts and would like to code it such that I would have a list of products that meet the various criteria. If you could assist with the coding, I'd be greatly appreciative.

The reason I am asking is that Radarscreen can easily scan any number of instruments as long as they are in your portfolio for set criteria. If not then the whole issue is different. I am not an expert coder but I know how to set up scanning in RS.

Paul

Maybe that may be a good place to start (radar screen) - I'm concerned about having too many rows, but I suppose I can see how it goes. How would you set up a scan to check new momentum high/lows on different time frames?

Shoot me a private, perhaps I can explain in more detail that way