Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

brownsfan019

Trader P/L 2009

bf,

Like oil on inventory, wouldn't you add bonds on payroll Friday? I've seen 1/2 point blasts or tanks in seconds in the past. jmho

How do you post the P/L directly to the post so we can read it rather than switching back and forth? Thanks

Host the image somewhere else, then use the "Insert Image" button when you're writing the post.

... tumbling down the rabbit hole.

Wednesday trades:

picture.php?albumid=25&pictureid=57&thumb=1

... but there's a light at the end.

Thursday and Friday trades:

picture.php?albumid=25&pictureid=58&thumb=1

I figured out what I did wrong. I made some adjustment 2 weeks ago that corresponded

with my performance deterioration. Could not be a coincidence. I rolled back

the change with immediate positive feedback (Th and Fr pnl)

Important thing, I kept the losers small, preserved the capital, and worked hard trying to understand why .

Good Luck.

bf,

Like oil on inventory, wouldn't you add bonds on payroll Friday? I've seen 1/2 point blasts or tanks in seconds in the past. jmho

Bonds can and do move quickly but stops are pretty much honored there (minimal slippage) whereas on oil your stop market can turn into a nightmare quickly. Basically I am willing to take trades on markets where news will be impacting them if my stops can hold for the most part. That does not apply on oil for sure.

How do you post the P/L directly to the post so we can read it rather than switching back and forth? Thanks

This post shows you how to do it directly on TL.

6-8-09

attachment.php?attachmentid=11210&stc=1&d=1244484911

So this is what the 6E felt like today...

smiley-angry015.gif

Not sure how much cussing would be tolerated here, so we'll leave it at that. Definitely not in sync w/ the 6E today.

6-8-2009.png.83f2a5dedda5f3db96a1519d21a1a1a4.png

So this is what the 6E felt like today...

smiley-angry015.gif

Brownie,

That is one of the funniest emoticons I have ever seen - and I know that feeling well.

Sorry you had a bad day with the 6E, but thanks for making me laugh (at the emoticon, not at you!).

Best Wishes,

Thales

Ok, sorry I was called away today and did not trade real, only sim...... High number of trades at 21, but there were 4 or 5 at even. I was up but let myself get smoked by that run late in the day for 3 losers in a row but I fought back and ended up $505. all 2 contract YM trades. No real excuse for the 3 losers, it was late in the day and I was way up so I got cocky and didn't expect that rally to just keep going.... I kept trying to get short for a pull back but it just kept going. I like to tell myself I would never enter trades like that for real..... Anyways back again tomorrow.

Hi Folks,

Three Trades, two stocks: CEPH +49 pennies and - 10 pennies, and DTV + 41 Pennies for a total +$0.80/share traded.

I also took a small ES trade for +6.25 points

Best Wishes,

Thales

5aa70ee316fab_6-6-2009Trades1.jpg.6e686319b260d47f9bb0562c99bccec1.jpg

Nice recovery Brownsfan!

Thanks Robert.

A few things to note for today's performance or lack thereof:

1) Good thing I am trading multiple instruments b/c if I was 100% all-in on the 6E, it would have really hurt today.

2) It should be noted that the way OEC's software breaks out the trades is by market, not necessarily the order in which they appeared. In other words, my real-time P/L did not drop on the 6E trades and then bounce back on the others. The others were scattered in between that 6E mess. If anyone is using OEC and knows a way to get a report based on the time of the trade vs. grouping by markets, please post here.

3) The rebound to get back to close to break-even on this day was a result of believing in the system, trading it and trading multiple markets. I knew that the odds were that while the 6E was the market to avoid today in hindsight for me, the others still had a 'clean slate' there and could make up for it.

Noticed a 3 bar reversal setup I usually take in the indecies, bought at $37.28 exited at $37.99 a rare stock paper-only trade for me.

[ATTACH]11234[/ATTACH]

Very nice, BR, very nice - you caught what I call a runner where the price established a progression of higher natural stops from your entry point until your exit just prior to the close.

If you were to trade stocks that way, you'd likely capture a good number or such trend day moves where a stock puts in its low/high of the day early in the session and then closes at or near the opposite end of its range)

I took the liberty of marking up a chart showing how I would like to imagine I would have managed my stops as the stock moved higher in price. Green line is at your entry point, and the red lines are where I would have placed my stops.

You will notice that my initial stop would not have been under the LOD, but rather under the subsequent bar (presumably bar 3 of what you call a three bar reversal). I would do that for two reasons: 1) the risk between you entry point and a stop below that low would have been 69 cents, which is more than I would risk for a stock in ORLY's price range, and 2) as this was a three bar reversal, then trade beloe the low of the bar that set up the trade would, presumably, bring the "reversal" into question; and I'd want to be out at that point.

Great job! When you come up with others, if you are able to do so, please take a screen capture as the trade is developing or soon after it would trigger. I always have an easier time "seeing" the opportunity after the fact, and I like to train myself to see what the opportunity looks like as it develops.

Thank you for sharing this chart with us!

Best Wishes,

Thales

5aa70ee3a83f7_6-6-2009BathrobesORLYTrade1.thumb.jpg.70ce1a3e3e7ea2d95e9c1920102afcf6.jpg

-200, today.

I have a plan that works.. but sometimes the markets are slow and I'm looking for new things.. and just backtest a few days.. THAT'S DUMB!

That's why I did get a loss :(

Just got back into trading today and here are my results:

0609.thumb.jpg.98d1f3e02d4f624f436ab30691872c9a.jpg

I hit sell instead of buy on one trade and should have fixed it immediately but stubborn i held on turned into a small loss but could have been at lot worse. No time to post charts today i'll try tomorrow.

Tuesday June 9th. 1 trade late in day, short. +1750. Taking rest of week off, turning 30 Saturday, it may not sound old to you but it is kind of freaking me out. :shocked:

I would like to move into trading stocks as well maybe in July. I have been looking at software for scanning and ran across Trade Ideas which looks good, and is very robust.

By the way all of my P/L is before commissions.

Chris

Ok, I had to go to work today so I only managed some sim trades again. 15-2 contract YM trades for a profit of $335. no or very small losers but there were 10 in all that were either small lose or even, I kept jumping in and out of trades. 5 were good winners. Tomorrow is another day. Good luck Gentlemen.

Ok, just sim again, 20 trades 2 YM, 3 losers, 7 at or near even and 10 winners for a phoney baloney profit of $725. This would look a lot better if there weren't so many even trades. But still that is 60 real points, well not 'real' points... lol lol.

well i didn't trade all day except for a stupid decision after the market closed. I shorted anticipating a sell off before 4:15 , well I was down $150 and my girlfriend falls down the stairs and I get up, with less than a minute to see if she was alright and didn't make it back. She i was O.K

So I made multiple mistakes:

Traded outside my hours with out my time stop.

Had time to get out before I went to help.

Could have gotten out after the market reopened. loss $250

It came back down. Loss $175 Could have gotten out then.

Traded against the trend.

Shorted against buy signals, 3 of them.

Moved my normal 2 point stop.

Etc... Etc.....

This lesson cost me $500 plus commissions.

:crap::crap::crap: