Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

Frank

Using same account to login multiple windows of OEC trader

can I run Open Ecry on 2 computers simultaneously? I currently have 4 monitors on 2 computers -- can Ecry be set-up to have 2 concurrent log-ins?

On the same account Frank? If so, I'd have to ask.

If different accounts, I believe you just log in and go.

Good news Frank! It can be done.

You cannot log in 2 separate times on the same 'main' login; however, you can request a 'Trader Manager' which has the same rights as the main login. In essence you are getting 2 separate logins that can view AND trade on the same account. Important to note that you can trade from it as well if you are just testing things out.

To get it set up, send a request to a Client Services Rep.

:)

thanks brownsfan for checking it out --- what do you mean by 'Trader Manager'? -- you mean I email a formal request saying 'I would like a Trader Manager'? can you clarify?

I am asking this question here rather than calling and asking OEC just so others don't have to. I don't know how a 'Trader Manager' is diff't than just installing the platform on a second computer and logging in for 2nd time there using same login?

thx in advance... awesome help.

frank

You have to request a Trader Manager status - contact OEC directly.

This provides you a different login but allows access to the account. The software is defaulted to not allow the exact same login to login more than one instance.

Keep in mind that OEC also works w/ CTA's so I can so where and why this functionality would be used and why it may be called Trader Manager. For the retail trader, it's a workaround to your initial question.

Just to circle back,

It took just a few minutes for this request to be processed through the OEC live help chat conversation. Just ask for the Trader Manager 2nd login.

You end up with your same login name -- only with TM added on the end -- & you use your same password as your original login.

Very easy to do.

ie,

Login1: Trader

Login2: TraderTM