Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

MRW

Todd Krueger, Formerly of TradeGuider

are todds dvds volume 1 and 2 gd? i bought tradeguider stuff and found i was suffering from analysis paralysis.

With Tradeguider/VSA , you will find it is easier to identify opportunities in hindsight and in their archived webinar you will find it so also, there are VSA signals all over the place but they highlight the ones just prior to a trend change but in hindsight analysis only.

e.g a climatic move and then a test on low vol, no supply for a change from bear to bull trend. You will observe that in the bear trend there will also be a few vol spikes and low vol tests but these are ignored by the so called VSA experts, they will point out the ones just as the bull trend started.

Todd was originally from the old wyckoff school and then got involved with VSA, now he has reverted back to it.

So the best route, why bother with all this second hand stuff, download the 7th chapter from the Wyckoff course available on the Wyckoff forum "Determining The Trend of the Market by the Daily Vertical Chart" , read it 20times, all the principles are there ie. cause/effect, supply/demand, effort/result" and they work on any time frame, you can check them on realtime data on a daily basis on 5min, 15min etc.

Plus there is a ton of invaluable info. on the Wyckoff forum as well.;)

I have purchased the 2 DVD set from Todd on Wyckoff. I also have the SMI study course and DB's book. Does everybody who wants to learn Wyckoff need to do this. Probably not. However for me I was struggling with some of the aspects and I learn better from watching rather than reading. This is were Todds dVD's have been so usefull. I have had so many a ha moments. Many times saying to myself, oh thats what they mean. So for me if you are trying to learn Wyckoff and still struggling and you have tried several resources give Todd a try. However if you already know Wyckoff and understand the principles then you have no need for them.

Cheers

Lee

I'm not sure as I am not a student of VSA. He talks about wyckoff volume analysis in the first DVD and then relates that to candle charts in the second. I myself don't want to learn different candle formations like shooting stars etc. I want to learn what is behind the candle formation rather than just recognising patterns, and understand why the price pattern has formed.