Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

MRW

Todd Krueger, Formerly of TradeGuider

Anyone know how to reach Todd Krueger, former CEO of TradeGuider?

I always enjoyed his presentations when he was doing them - can't say the same for what TradeGuider has now become.

He's got a blog at http://supplydemandtradingmentors.blogspot.com but one has to be invited to join.

Unfortunately, given my limited computer skills, I couldn't figure out how to contact them or him to ask for an invitation.

Any information woild be appreciated - thanks!

It appears he has ventured away from TG and has started his own gig. See this thread, it is an article browsfan posted of Todd's latest offering. At the bottom it gives his soon to be website and an email to contact Todd.

http://www.traderslaboratory.com/forums/f104/follow-the-smart-let-candles-and-5211.html

Actually Todd was the backbone of Tradeguider during the initial years, he was largely responsible for bringing VSA to a wider audience, put in immense effort to hold free seminars 3 times a week.

He was in the process of putting together his course, and Tom's favorite protege' , I have talked to him, is a real trader and a genuinely nice guy, have no affiliation, hasten to add.

However Gavin always was an opportunist, wanted to be the top dog. managed to get rid of Todd, before that Manby had been kicked out.

Once Todd was out, he had a gap to fill somebody who could talk about VSA besides Tom, hence Manby was back, as I said don't know how long he will last as now Gavin has his brother and wife on board plus some others like Pruden, guys from malaysia and australia.

Basically TG has degenerated into pure software marketing machine, the master stroke is always to keep denying that but at the same time keep telling the public how the signals in the software are unique etc.:)

Actually Todd was the backbone of Tradeguider during the initial years, he was largely responsible for bringing VSA to a wider audience, put in immense effort to hold free seminars 3 times a week.

He was in the process of putting together his course, and Tom's favorite protege' , I have talked to him, is a real trader and a genuinely nice guy, have no affiliation, hasten to add.

However Gavin always was an opportunist, wanted to be the top dog. managed to get rid of Todd, before that Manby had been kicked out.

Once Todd was out, he had a gap to fill somebody who could talk about VSA besides Tom, hence Manby was back, as I said don't know how long he will last as now Gavin has his brother and wife on board plus some others like Pruden, guys from malaysia and australia.

Basically TG has degenerated into pure software marketing machine, the master stroke is always to keep denying that but at the same time keep telling the public how the signals in the software are unique etc.:)

This certainly sounds plausible. I never had any interest in buying the software, and didn't, as I thought it unecessary if one understood and then practiced Tom's original ideas.

I got a feel for just how much TradeGuider changed and moved away from Tom's work when I read Tom's Undeclared Secrets book. While that uses VSA software to illustrate concepts, it does not act as though the software itself is what's necessary for understanding the market.

The Master the Markets book has removed a great deal of discussion from the original work, does not use multiple timeframe illustrations, and is promoting the software throughout. TradeGuider has now gone on to use pivots, and all sorts of things Tom never spoke of in, I believe, an effort to make it more popular with a public that loves indicators, Fib numbers, pivots, etc.

Now they have a trading room that is $99 a month where Gavin will spoon-feed traders set-ups, while harping on "mainipulation," as if the only way to beat this supposed manipulation is to use TradeGuider. Last year's oil market action was used over and over to try and scare people with examples and fears of manipulation. I was a futures floor trader sometime back, and from my experience, manipluation is almost never the case. All that needs to happen for a giant rise is no offers. Would yuo have sold oil when it was screaming up last Spring? Conversely, would yuo have tried to buy it as it's falling several dollars a day on the way down? A huge imbalance in bids and offers (or supply and demand if yuo will) are all that's necessary. I'll spare yuo the many, many stories from the floor of this taking place.

I had several terse conversations in e-mails with Gavin over this whole "manipulation" scare tactic, the deviation from Tom's original ideas, etc, and finally told him to...well, to take me off their mailing list and not contact me again.

I obtained a copy of the Boot Camp DVD quite some time back, and in viewing that again yesterday, got to wondering what had happened to Todd. Googled him in and saw the whole court case, and then found the blogspot.

Thanks again everyone for yuor help and replies!

Edited by MRW

Thank yuo, Sledge!

I really appreciate yuor help - best wishes for the New Year!

Not a problem, I dropped Todd an email a yesterday as well. He really is a guy who has passion for teaching, showing folks the ropes and wanting people to succeed (imo)

Best wishes for a happy and Prosperous 2009!

Aaron

I also know Todd, knew what he was talking about, since he left I have ignored TG.

Todd was more about reading price/vol in the right context and if I recall did not get into bar by bar analysis all over the chart which appears to be in vogue , have looked at some You Tube Videos on Oil and how the Tradeguider software was able to pinpoint with its indicator "End of Rising Market" the exact turning point in the price around $140 I believe, again as with charts showing Stoch, RSI, MaCD divergence, this has been conveniently cherry picked. There are countless examples where this same indicator has proved negative. I questioned them about these VSA signals in the software, the answer was "Human brain is smarter than the computer", so you have to consider the signals in context.

Would this not apply to any indicator:(

I also know Todd, knew what he was talking about, since he left I have ignored TG.

Todd was more about reading price/vol in the right context and if I recall did not get into bar by bar analysis all over the chart which appears to be in vogue , have looked at some You Tube Videos on Oil and how the Tradeguider software was able to pinpoint with its indicator "End of Rising Market" the exact turning point in the price around $140 I believe, again as with charts showing Stoch, RSI, MaCD divergence, this has been conveniently cherry picked. There are countless examples where this same indicator has proved negative. I questioned them about these VSA signals in the software, the answer was "Human brain is smarter than the computer", so you have to consider the signals in context.

As I pointed out here, you don't need indicators or software in order to detect these turning points, and though the example is oil, the principles are universal. But those who insist that this is all impossibly difficult will always appeal to those who are, shall we say, trusting.

This is an interesting comment - "bar by bar analysis all over the chart."

I'd watched some of Manby's analysis, and couldn't help but think that at times a great deal more was being read into the bars than may have been going on.

It seems to me that at times yuo simply have a market looking for direction, a fair amount of indecision, and a fair amount of simply probing to see where trade/orders are. Tom talked a lot about turning points and confirmations of some move, and while I don't have the exact quote, said something to the effect that reading price action in an established trend was more difficult and less conclusive.

Speaking of Todd and the VSA bootcamp CD's, I'm looking to sell mine. These are in the original TradeGuider CD box and in perfect condition.

Todd is awesome on these and he really illustrates the VSA concepts in crystal-clear fashion. They really turned on the light bulb for me.

They're selling for $595 from TradeGuider and I'll take $150.

PM me if you're interested.

No problem. They really are good aren't they?

If anybody else is interested, lemme know.

Can't be that good since you're trying to sell yours. Unless of course, you made a copy to keep for yourself, but that wouldn't be right, now would it??:idea:

Guys thanx for the inside know-how on TG. the fact that Gavin is giving away MTM free of charge confirms the suspicion that MTM is largely an informercial to selling tradeguider. Some also claimed that Tom doctored most of the work of Undeclared Secrets. Having seen the VSA stuff for past 3weeks, I dont think u need the software. U cant be spoonfed on pure price action. the only feeding necessary is price,volume and the spread. I will definitely get the dvd's in the next few days, and then use my ensign playback files to practice VSA in realtime, at 5 times normal speed, to train over and over again.

All this is cheaper and more solid than the 1k$ I paid for FTS at http://www.futurestradingsecrets.com, a pure piece of junk from Hawaii.

Guest OrlandoB

I bought the first 2 volumes of Todd's DVDs and they really cleared up volume analysis for me. Volume 1 goes through Wyckoff and a few charts. Volume 2 discusses candlesticks with Wyckoff, nothing really new, but Todd goes through even more charts. I highly recommend it.