Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

playafh69

Tape Reading on the NQ

I have been reading tape on the Ym pretty well, but for some reason have a hard time reading it on the nq. Has anyone had this problem or have an answer to this. When I ask other people they all say the same thing, if you can read tape on the ym you can read tape on anything. But for some reason its not working.

I have been reading tape on the Ym pretty well, but for some reason have a hard time reading it on the nq. Has anyone had this problem or have an answer to this. When I ask other people they all say the same thing, if you can read tape on the ym you can read tape on anything. But for some reason its not working.

How do you define 'reading tape'?

reading tape as in looking at the time and sales... order flow. For example you can watch tape go up and you can see newbie's buying(all one's and two's

).. and then it gets slammed down with big orders, meaning that the pro's are selling into it.

reading tape as in looking at the time and sales... order flow. For example you can watch tape go up and you can see newbie's buying(all one's and two's

).. and then it gets slammed down with big orders, meaning that the pro's are selling into it.

I don't look at T&S or DOM... so can't help you there.

But what is different about the YM versus the NQ is that the volume is much less, perhaps that has something to do with your experience?

Guest MRC & Co

Why bother? If you can read tape successfully on the YM, work on upping your size. No need to do another market.