Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

wasp

GBP/JPY Mini

This thread is going to be for notes on trading GBP/JPY intraday off as small as 5 minute charts. It may turn out to be nothing in which case I will delete it but for the time being, I shall be viewing, recording and noting my style on a smaller timeframe and seeing if it warrants further investigation. It may turn out to just be useful in pinpointing longer term moves.

Comments, thoughts, musing and input welcome.

st1.thumb.gif.4519bdf8dd772b8c3d7ca1db637da4f5.gif

st2.thumb.gif.1749354877059c2f97701a14560ca785.gif

Edited by wasp

This thread is going to be for notes on trading GBP/JPY intraday off as small as 5 minute charts. It may turn out to be nothing in which case I will delete it but for the time being, I shall be viewing, recording and noting my style on a smaller timeframe and seeing if it warrants further investigation. It may turn out to just be useful in pinpointing longer term moves.

Comments, thoughts, musing and input welcome.

You going after the 5 minute chart?

Never thought I'd believe my eyes! Will be paying attention closely :)

TBH ATM it's not looking good. There are occasional days here and there, even the odd week but for an overall R:R and ROI, swinging looks still the best option on a whole.

Not stopped yet but I think it's going to be more for improved entries.

TBH ATM it's not looking good. There are occasional days here and there, even the odd week but for an overall R:R and ROI, swinging looks still the best option on a whole.

Not stopped yet but I think it's going to be more for improved entries.

Whilst you are going for the 5 minutes, I'm going for the 5 second chart believe it or not (yes I'm serious for a change... and I'm going to nail those entries!)

Whilst you are going for the 5 minutes, I'm going for the 5 second chart believe it or not (yes I'm serious for a change... and I'm going to nail those entries!)

...on GBP/JPY???

Knocking this on the head and if no objections, I will remove the thread at the weekend.

TBH, as expected, as soon as I put it into practise, I missed a good move then exited a good one 50% early thanks to the smaller TF analysis.

EOD, I have a bleedin' good method and 1 week of madness should not make me change that so back to the original plan, accept the crap and carry on regardless........

Knocking this on the head and if no objections, I will remove the thread at the weekend.

TBH, as expected, as soon as I put it into practise, I missed a good move then exited a good one 50% early thanks to the smaller TF analysis.

EOD, I have a bleedin' good method and 1 week of madness should not make me change that so back to the original plan, accept the crap and carry on regardless........

No one says it's illegal to enter on the smaller TF and exit on the larger...

But no problem if you want to delete the thread.