Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

james_gsx

Went for a Mountain Drive

I've lived in Colorado my entire life, and like most people who have lived here for a long time, I never take advantage of the mountains so nearby. My friend and I met up in Broomfield (near Boulder), then drove a 250 mile loop that crossed the continental divide, overall incredibly scenic. I'm surprised it took me this long to take this drive. It took us a little over 7 hours including lunch and all photo stops.

The first part on highway 36 we were driving fairly fast, and passed a state patrol officer going the other way. After that, the radar detector came out and we obeyed all posted speed limits - until Bertha pass where I just couldn't help myself :o

If any of you ever find yourself in Colorado and have a day to waste, I highly recommend this drive. Even I was impressed with the scenery, it's overall very relaxing. Oh well, heres some pics of the cars (mines the Mercedes) and some scenic pics. Unfortunately, most places that have beautiful scenery are poor places for photography, so that explains the lack of landscape pics.

attachment.php?attachmentid=7750&stc=1&d=1220595651

attachment.php?attachmentid=7746&stc=1&d=1220595651

attachment.php?attachmentid=7747&stc=1&d=1220595651

attachment.php?attachmentid=7748&stc=1&d=1220595651

attachment.php?attachmentid=7749&stc=1&d=1220595651

DSC_0005.thumb.jpg.fa517f544d0e50f82ff7d4235cdf22b2.jpg

DSC_0023.thumb.jpg.d98373323872e69822fd543ebeff6eac.jpg

DSC_0125.thumb.jpg.e98aad41eab08ce0dfb6b45764407993.jpg

DSC_0131.thumb.jpg.82a5fd5bd898b8af35b48a24eaebf942.jpg

thedrive2.jpg.22d0e85900b268cf85f39b2705e72072.jpg

I'll be there Christmas week. Why is the highway patrol so uptight in Colorado? Every year someone in my party gets a ticket for something just ridiculous.

I've never been pulled over, not yet at least. I've passed cops countless times doing 90+ on the highway and they always point at me. But, I have seen the state patrol do some ridiculous things to pull people over. A few years ago a state trooper was doing around 85 in a 75, obviously traffic was following him. Then he moved over to the middle lane, hit the brakes, and pulled over the guy behind him for no reason - it was pretty strange.

What part of Colorado will you be visiting?