Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

Sign in to follow this  
wasp

What Are They Really Up To...........?

I was thinking about this recently and wondered what others thought........

On one hand you could have manipulation and stop running, yet on the other hand, does that really mean someone really has that much control or are they all trying to decipher direction like the rest of us?

.............the 'big boys'... Something I have always had 2 minds about. Weak hands and strong hands........ I can understand from a large TF, the big boys bias say, on the GBP of late has been short. What gets me though is the short term.

Lets say price is sat at 200 on the GBPJPY. Its an important psych level, there is support there a couple of times prior and its the middle of the UK trading session. As far as I am aware, there is no 'tier 1' of traders who can guarantee they ca move such a liquid market so where some may say, a pinbar down to 199.60 was stop hunting and for catching weak hands into the shorts to provide more money, who is to say it was not say, HSBC traders really wanting to short but there is far too much interest in going long from RBS, and citibank and The Norinchukin bank and they push price back up to a previous Resistance level to get a better price to continue the short?

I am sure someone knows where this is from as I only read it in a post on these boards and think it came from a book.............

A broker is watching the market, he sees price at level X and tells his staff to sell 5000... The market absorbs it and pushes down then retraces immediately, so he puts in a nother 20'000 to convince more people to join in the shorts, once he saw they played ball, he, knowing their was too much interest in the rise of the market, then dumps the lot and goes long 50'000........

My point there being, is not everyone trying to gauge what everyone else is doing and where the larger bias is, and have little time, money or indeed confidence to just shake out the shorts/longs as they do not know for sure what is happening next. Obviously in the example, it was based on a particular stock and it was years ago and thus, the only competition/others were in the same floor exchange but nowadays, with the access to markets around the globe from so many avenues, this is no way near as easy to decipher?