Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

brownsfan019

Sad Day Today - I Put My Dog to Rest

Thanks for the kind words. ;) I truly believe it will get easier for you, and me, as time goes on. Grieving takes time, and for me, comes in waves.

On a side note, if your trading take some discretion as does mine, it's probably best not to trade, my judgment is off.

I am looking forward to getting her ashes back so we can bury her next to our buddy Sam.

Wish me luck guys. First full week w/o Patch by my side. I tried to keep busy with stuff last week but not sure I can or want to do that again this week. I'm debating about whether to trade live or not, guess we'll see how I feel in the AM.

Guest forsearch

Hope things go well for you next week, BF, although I gotta ask. Since I read somewhere that your other better half is a school teacher, won't she be around (given that it's summer) to keep you company? Hopefully, together, you'll be able to make it through this tough period in your life - perhaps a sabbatical or vacation (not a staycation, though) is in order just to refocus and refresh.

Wish me luck guys. First full week w/o Patch by my side. I tried to keep busy with stuff last week but not sure I can or want to do that again this week. I'm debating about whether to trade live or not, guess we'll see how I feel in the AM.

IMO, from the little bit that I know you on a more personal level, you should get back to trading. You won't get back into your usual flow unless you take the step back to trading. Maybe start just for the first two hours of trading, and then go from there. If you keep waking up and thinking, maybe tomorrow, then it can turn into a vicious cycle. I know it's tough, but once you get in the flow of trading nothing else will be on your mind - you can trust me on that. If thoughts keep coming up, then you are obviously not in your flow and you should just leave the house and go to a book store or something to that effect and try again the next day. But you have to just sit down and give it a shot, that's my .02 cents.

IMO, from the little bit that I know you on a more personal level, you should get back to trading. You won't get back into your usual flow unless you take the step back to trading. Maybe start just for the first two hours of trading, and then go from there. If you keep waking up and thinking, maybe tomorrow, then it can turn into a vicious cycle. I know it's tough, but once you get in the flow of trading nothing else will be on your mind - you can trust me on that. If thoughts keep coming up, then you are obviously not in your flow and you should just leave the house and go to a book store or something to that effect and try again the next day. But you have to just sit down and give it a shot, that's my .02 cents.

So far so good today - 2 trades and done. Shutting her down at +4 on the ES for the day. Just enough to get the blood flowing again. ;)

I think you will do fine, just give it some time. I agree with James that you should get back in the saddle, so to speak. You may want to test yourself the next few days by just sim trading to see how your focus is. If you do ok switch back to real.

Sorry for your loss - really. I have always had dogs, loved them dearly, and really grieved when they departed. It never changes, no matter how many dogs. But it is a part of life, isn't it. We are lucky we get to care for dogs, aren't we?. Be thankful you were graced by Patches. I think dogs are here to bring happiness to their "owners" -- did you ever see a truely unhappy, down-in-the-dumps depressed dog?

OK, I know this will sound silly, and perhaps absolutely stupid, but what would Patches say to you now, if she could talk, I mean? I would bet it would be something like this:

Hey, you were a terrific owner - we had many great times together. I'll miss you, but I'm quite OK. Time to get on with your life. Get back to trading, take the losses and the winners as they come, and start by
Trading Small
. And, oh yeah, watch out for the poodles, They bite.

Well, I said it would sound stupid, and it is, but from one dog lover to another, you get what I mean.

Eiger

Thanks Eiger, that was good.

I finally got to talk to the main vet of Patches as he was on vacation last week. He said a few things that stuck w/ me and has helped since 1 week ago of losing Patch...

He said a good 95% of dogs out there don't get the care they need. Patch was one of the 5% that did. (and plenty of credit card bills to prove that! LOL).

He said by living till almost 14 yrs old, she lived to her life expectancy, if not more. Even as humans we can only hope for such a long, fun filled life.

We had a good talk as he has cared for her since day 1 but was unfortunately out of town last week. But those 2 things hit home as we were talking.

Can't believe it's been 2 weeks. Feels like yesterday still.

Not sure if this a good thing or not, but I am very much an 'out of sight, out of mind' kind of guy. While that has helped to not think about Patch and then the sadness from that, I then feel a little guilty that I have 'moved on' so quickly. Double-edged sword to say the least.

Just can't believe it was 2 weeks ago today. I guess ti's good that time is moving once again and that I am back to my routine as best as possible. It just hurts. That's about all I can say ... is that it hurts.

All is not lost, BF. Do you have $50K handy? You will also need some skin cells from your beloved pet.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/asia-pacific/7542338.stm

Scientists in South Korea say they have successfully completed the world's first commercial cloning of a pet dog.

Bernann McKinney, from the US state of California, stumped up $50,000 (£25,000) for five identical copies of Booger, her beloved pit bull terrier.

The puppy clones were unveiled at a press conference in the South Korean capital, Seoul, on Tuesday.

"Booger was my partner and my friend," Ms McKinney said, as she appeared with the five identical copies of her pet.

Scientists at Seoul National University created a number of embryos from preserved skin cells taken from Booger's ear tissue before he died.

That's very sad for you. And me, too.

I also experienced saying goodbye to my pet, which is a pup, her name is Yuki.

She was 3 months old when she died. I really missed her so much! I miss the way she wakes me up every morning, and the times when I am chasing her. She is a very naughty puppy, but I love her. It is really sad to say goodbye especially to the one's who became very attached to us. T.T