Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

walterw

Introduction to Inter-Currency Analysis

Walter,

I emailed them to you earlier for you to evaluate. Please check you gmail inbox. Thanks. ... EJ

Thanks so much EJ ¡¡ I will be checking on it... cheers Walter.

Hi ztrader,

I have been using the Excel Currency Strength program and have found it very useful. I have adapted a few things on it as follows:

I have changed the links for the Bid and Ask live data to come from Interactive Brokers because the data from WHC is often way behind reality. It is fine for HOD and LOD (which IB dont provide) but for actual Ask and Bid I have found IB to be better.

I have also set up an audible alert so that when the difference in spread is > 6.0 or < -6.0 I get a Buy or Sell sound alert. This means that I don't have to watch the screen and get alerted as soon as a big enough spread is detected. I had a Buy this morning on GBPCHF at 2.03695 and as of this post it is at 2.0522 for +152 and is still giving the Buy alert.

I wanted to ask you what the significance of the interest rates are in the sheet ?

Paul

Hi ztrader,

I have been using the Excel Currency Strength program and have found it very useful. I have adapted a few things on it as follows:

I have changed the links for the Bid and Ask live data to come from Interactive Brokers because the data from WHC is often way behind reality. It is fine for HOD and LOD (which IB dont provide) but for actual Ask and Bid I have found IB to be better.

I have also set up an audible alert so that when the difference in spread is > 6.0 or < -6.0 I get a Buy or Sell sound alert. This means that I don't have to watch the screen and get alerted as soon as a big enough spread is detected. I had a Buy this morning on GBPCHF at 2.03695 and as of this post it is at 2.0522 for +152 and is still giving the Buy alert.

I wanted to ask you what the significance of the interest rates are in the sheet ?

Paul

Nice trade there Paul. I have attached two charts on CHF counter currencies and another on GBPUSD. On GBPCHF, I made notations on the validity of the trade, technical and the inter-currency SW effect, news notwithstanding, which by the way, gave added acceleration. Once again, you have your trading method to check on and Currency Strength score on excel format as an added tool.

ENJOY!

ztrader